2014+ Leveling Kits

I have a 2016 and I'm not sure whether I'd need the aluminum or steel version of the RC 2.5" kit. Is this just a preference or does it matter on what your truck is actually using for the stock control arms? Sorry if this is a noobie question, but I just got the truck and am still learning.

I have a 2016 and I'm not sure whether I'd need the aluminum or steel version of the RC 2.5" kit. Is this just a preference or does it matter on what your truck is actually using for the stock control arms? Sorry if this is a noobie question, but I just got the truck and am still learning.

It's important. You use the kit that matches which controls arms your truck is equipped with, steel or aluminum.

• Like 1

It's important. You use the kit that matches which controls arms your truck is equipped with, steel or aluminum.

That's what I thought, but wasn't entirely sure, thanks. Unless someone can tell me, I guess I'll grab a magnet and climb under the truck.

That's what I thought, but wasn't entirely sure, thanks. Unless someone can tell me, I guess I'll grab a magnet and climb under the truck.

I've had a 14, 15, and now a 16. The black arms have been steel and silver were aluminum from my experience.

• Like 1

anyone here running a Toyo 33x12.5/20r open country m/t with just a 2.25 level? I ordered my rims recently and trying to size the biggest tire i can squeeze on. Rims have a +20 offset so pretty close to stock.

Haven't put on tires on the 15 yet but have seen trucks with a 2 inch level running 33's on stock wheels. I think you should be fine with that offset with a 9 inch wide wheel on your truck.

Haven't put on tires on the 15 yet but have seen trucks with a 2 inch level running 33's on stock wheels. I think you should be fine with that offset with a 9 inch wide wheel on your truck.

I thought so to as the level kit states you can run a 33" but says a 11.5 max, I want to avoid rubbing at all cost.

I just put on a 2 inch RC level on my 15 crew cab happy with it so far about 500 miles on it. For those guys who have 2014 & have had them on for a while is there any negative impact that come directly from having it leveled? Just curious if I should be worried?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

anyone here running a Toyo 33x12.5/20r open country m/t with just a 2.25 level? I ordered my rims recently and trying to size the biggest tire i can squeeze on. Rims have a +20 offset so pretty close to stock.

I thought so to as the level kit states you can run a 33" but says a 11.5 max, I want to avoid rubbing at all cost.

I think Laura Buick GMC puts +1 offset 20x9 rims on the trucks that they level with the 2.25in level and run 33x12.5 at tires. I have also seen ppl on here running 295/55/20 (33x12.2) mts on stock rims with 2 or 2.5 levels with no rubbing. With +20 you're gunna be cutting it close.

For those with the moto fab 2" level, did it give exactly 2" of lift. Also, where can the top 1/2" spacers be purchased?

I put on the 2" Level with the 1/2" top spacer this last weekend. It worked out to be a little greater than 2.5" of lift, nearly 3" to the bottom of the fender in the front. I have a '16 CC Sierra with factory wheels, and it currently sits close to level, but back is nearly 3/8"-1/2" higher.

One thing to note is that the front end on mine looks a little bit higher in the front because of the profile of the hood compared to the box, so it depends on your goal for the truck. If you're going for looks you may want to go with a 2" leveling kit, but if you're going for tires and want to have more clearance you may want to go with the 2.5" lift.

I didn't add anything to the rear yet, I wanted to try the front first and see how that changed things.