2014+ Leveling Kits

I was wondering if you can install the ProComp kit with just the top spacer? And if so around how much lift that would provide?

Yes. That is exactly what their 1.5" level is, just the upper spacer. Brought mine up around 1.75".

IMG_18371_zpsikqq5kd7.jpg

I asked this previously but no one really replied.

Whats the difference between these lift kits besides brand and price difference.

RC is around $50 for just a 2" level but pro comp and blistein are $150+?

***(before i get some smart ass answer, this is a genuine question as i know absolutely nothing about these companies & products, what they offer/do besides "level & lift)

Galaxy Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Whats the difference between these lift kits besides brand and price difference.

***(before i get some smart ass answer, this is a genuine question as i know absolutely nothing about these companies & products, what they offer/do besides "level & lift)

RC is a small resin "clip" spacer installed on the bottom of the strut. The cheaper levels are usually this type but aluminum.

Pro Comp and Readylift are billet spacer rings that mount on top of the strut.

Bilsteins are a whole new strut with adjust-ability of height.

RC is a small resin "clip" spacer installed on the bottom of the strut. The cheaper levels are usually this type but aluminum.

Pro Comp and Readylift are billet spacer rings that mount on top of the strut.

Bilsteins are a whole new strut with adjust-ability of height.

Thank you very much

Edited by quise2024

Did you go online and look at the difference? There are different leveling kits from each company. Pro comp has both aluminum and poly and it looks like they just make a spacer for the top of the strut. RC is a poly spacer for the bottom of the strut, but they also make a full 2.5 level kit that has a bottom poly spacer, a top poly spacer, and a new block and rear Ubolts for $150. There are also 3.5 levels that include UCAs and drop kits for your differential.

Any of them will work but if you are just looking for a 2" level, don't be fooled into thinking a $150 piece of aluminum at the top of your strut is any better than a $50 piece of poly for the bottom of your strut. There are thousands of trucks running both and I have not heard of a single failure of the bottom poly spacer.

For anyone that's interested I installed Fox 2.0 Coilovers up front at the factory set position (about 20 threads up from the bottom/ see photo)

With factory steel suspension and LT285/70R17 BFGoodrich KO2s tires (at 38PSI), the distance between ground and fender is approximately 39.75"(after driving about 500 miles).

Here's a couple photos showing the angles:

20160506_163254_zpsoainjxtq.jpg

My next step is to install the Cognito UCAs sometime in the next couple of weeks once they come in.

2WD Z71?

Last night I installed the Rough Country 2.5" lift on the front only and today put the MM 20x9 -12 with 305/50/20 Zeon LTZ on and could not be happier the the look or the ride

Perfect example of why these trucks need rear blocks or air bags when you level them. Put a little weight in the back and they squat and point the headlights to the stars.

Perfect example of why these trucks need rear blocks or air bags when you level them. Put a little weight in the back and they squat and point the headlights to the stars.

Air bags this week!!

I love the look of my 2.5" RC level kit. Installed about 7500 miles ago. Had factory 18" wheels on truck until yesterday. Took truck down to tire shop to get new 20" wheels and tires installed. They informed me that my upper balls joints had some play in them, Truck only has 20,000 miles and level was done at 14,000. Not very happy about that, I think my next step is to go with a different lift. The level kits just cause too much wear and tear and in my opinion do not ride very well. Would like the Bilstein struts 5100's I think..? but not sure if I can get as much lift out of it...? I love the stance of truck now and don't want it too high or any lower. Went with BF Goodrich KO2 275/60/20 on a set of Fuel Vapor Machined 20x9 rims with 24mm offset. Looks great and no rubbing.

I love the look of my 2.5" RC level kit. Installed about 7500 miles ago. Had factory 18" wheels on truck until yesterday. Took truck down to tire shop to get new 20" wheels and tires installed. They informed me that my upper balls joints had some play in them, Truck only has 20,000 miles and level was done at 14,000. Not very happy about that, I think my next step is to go with a different lift. The level kits just cause too much wear and tear and in my opinion do not ride very well. Would like the Bilstein struts 5100's I think..? but not sure if I can get as much lift out of it...? I love the stance of truck now and don't want it too high or any lower. Went with BF Goodrich KO2 275/60/20 on a set of Fuel Vapor Machined 20x9 rims with 24mm offset. Looks great and no rubbing.

Just upgrading shocks(going to 5100s for lift purposes) will put the same strain on the exact parts the level did. You are altering driving and cv angles, consider going with a kit that corrects driving angles and lessens the strain on tie rods/ball joints. It's worth the investment if you have to put a $500+ ball joint and labor in the truck every 5-10k. I believe there are 3" lifts out there which would yield you around the same stance as you currently have.

Edited by tanner709

This sounds crazy, ball joints worn out in 6k miles. Id get another opinon or check them yourself before you worry too much about it.

It does sound crazy. I walked to the rack and physically watched them wiggle the tire from top to bottom. The play is not terribly bad yet or dangerous as the mechanic said, but just wanted me to be aware as I just invested $1300 in tires and could potentially cause tire wear down the road as it gets worse.

• Like 1