2014+ Leveling Kits

This is a great picture. I was under the impression that a level up to 2.5 inches was safe. Your picture shows a very unnatural angle from your UCLA to your knuckle. This is what you would expect it to look like while your wheel is falling into a deep pothole! I would like to see before and after pictures of various level/lift modifications. Would a 1.5 inch look "more natural" and a 3 inch look worse?

Yes

Tyler

Did a 3" MotoFab level to mine with 33"s. I love how it turned out but I'm having alignment issues.

What alignment issues? I have the same 3 in kit. Mine aligned fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What alignment issues? I have the same 3 in kit. Mine aligned fine.

The truck was pulling to the left after the level install, I had it aligned and now it pulls even harder but to the right. Guy at the shop said it was in spec and gave me this printout. Thinking of taking it to the dealership and seeing if they can do anything.

IMG 20160523 123200

I had the same thing. The first one whined and moaned about a level even saying a 1 inch levels bad. Had him align it 2 times and the steering wheel looked like / that. Took to another and he aligned it first time perfect. Plus the second guy asked who did it cause the toe was so f'd up from the first guy

So I put a rough country 2.5" on my 2016 AT up front, nothing in the back. I also have 295/60/20 on stock wheels. I was looking at the angle of my control arms at the end and it seems pretty steep. I was wondering yalls opinion? Would new control arms fix this or what? What are the long term consequences of this?

That angle is crazy steep looking! I have the RC 2 inch front only and its not even close to that! Do you have other mods? Different shocks?

RC is a small resin "clip" spacer installed on the bottom of the strut. The cheaper levels are usually this type but aluminum.

Pro Comp and Readylift are billet spacer rings that mount on top of the strut.

Bilsteins are a whole new strut with adjust-ability of height.

I was just reading and found this interesting.

Is there a consensus that the resin/poly (RC) spacers are "better" quality then the "cheap" aluminum (Motofab) spacers?

Just wondering.... When discussing a simple component such as a lower strut spacer, I'd think the aluminum is sturdier than resin.

I was just reading and found this interesting.

Is there a consensus that the resin/poly (RC) spacers are "better" quality then the "cheap" aluminum (Motofab) spacers?

Just wondering.... When discussing a simple component such as a lower strut spacer, I'd think the aluminum is sturdier than resin.

I meant the cheaper spacers are the lower strut type. Other than RC, most are aluminum. Neither the alum or the poly type will likely ever fail. Could use a stack of washers and still not likely ever see it fail. (NO, I am NOT recommending that)

Edited by z71camaro
  • Like 1

I meant the cheaper spacers are the lower strut type. Other than RC, most are aluminum. Neither the alum or the poly type will likely ever fail. Could use a stack of washers and still not likely ever see it fail. (NO, I am NOT recommending that)

Copy.

I bought the aluminum motofab, 1.5"

Just making sure before I install them.

Thanks

That angle is crazy steep looking! I have the RC 2 inch front only and its not even close to that! Do you have other mods? Different shocks?

No, just RC 2.5 in the front. and 295/60/20s on stock wheels. Everything else is stock.

I'm trying to decide when I should go ahead and get the new control arms.

Largest tire I can fit with a 2" level on stock GMC 18" all terrain wheels? The more rubber the better.. I think I saw a lot of 275/70/18? I'd like to avoid any trimming.

Edited by chevydeth
  • Like 1

Largest tire I can fit with a 2" level on stock GMC 18" all terrain wheels? The more rubber the better.. I think I saw a lot of 275/70/18? I'd like to avoid any trimming.

I have a 275/70/18 BFG KO2 on mine with a 2" level with absolutely no rubbing issues at all.

I've seen 297/70/18 on 18" method wheels, they have a +18 offset though instead of the stock +24ish

And that required trimming of the felt liner.

I have a 275/70/18 BFG KO2 on mine with a 2" level with absolutely no rubbing issues at all.

I've seen 297/70/18 on 18" method wheels, they have a +18 offset though instead of the stock +24ish

And that required trimming of the felt liner.

Thanks, you have any pics of your setup?