2014+ Leveling Kits

Tanner709

Thanks for the advice. I'll def look into a different lift. Don't want to compromise angles and cause wear on my truck. I don't mind spending the money, just want to do it right.

Edited by Syclone3MT

Tanner709

Thanks for the advice. I'll def look into a different lift. Don't want to compromise angles and cause wear on my truck. I don't mind spending the money, just want to do it right.

Before I would spend thousands on a lift, I would put a set of Cognito greaseable and replaceable UCAs on her. Remember that a true lift requires actually cutting parts of your undercarriage and makes your front track wider than your rear. Then you have to run spacers on the rear to avoid a weird looking rig when you're going down the road. Also, not everybody wants a lifted truck and you can return a leveled truck to stock real quick and cheaply. When I was looking for a new truck, the dealer wouldn't even take my leveled F150 in on a trade...they didn't purchase or sell trucks with altered suspension.

Edited by bcbz71

Just upgrading shocks(going to 5100s for lift purposes) will put the same strain on the exact parts the level did. You are altering driving and cv angles, consider going with a kit that corrects driving angles and lessens the strain on tie rods/ball joints. It's worth the investment if you have to put a $500+ ball joint and labor in the truck every 5-10k. I believe there are 3" lifts out there which would yield you around the same stance as you currently have.

Does a suspension lift kit do the same thing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Does a suspension lift kit do the same thing?

A quality kit will lessen these effects by having upgraded spindles, UCA, LCA, balljoints, etc. specifically made for the lift. But yes you are compromising to some extent with certain kits. You get what you pay for..

A quality kit will lessen these effects by having upgraded spindles, UCA, LCA, balljoints, etc. specifically made for the lift. But yes you are compromising to some extent with certain kits. You get what you pay for..

Everyone talks about zone lifts and says there good but they aren't the most expensive. I myself do a little offroading so I would like something that could hold up

Also, not everybody wants a lifted truck and you can return a leveled truck to stock real quick and cheaply. When I was looking for a new truck, the dealer wouldn't even take my leveled F150 in on a trade...they didn't purchase or sell trucks with altered suspension.

I have wondered about re-sale. My trade-ins usually get top dollar because they are in well maintained original condition. I know additions like push bars or headache racks generally don't enhance value to the seller or buyer but I can see where alterations to the suspension could hurt a potential sale. I think if I was looking for a used truck, I would pass on those with spacers and modifications to the front suspension. However, I might be inclined to look closely at a truck with upgraded shocks. I understand that levelling shocks put no less of a strain on your suspension than a 2" spacer kit but appear more as a maintenance item than a modification. (IMO)

I have wondered about re-sale. My trade-ins usually get top dollar because they are in well maintained original condition. I know additions like push bars or headache racks generally don't enhance value to the seller or buyer but I can see where alterations to the suspension could hurt a potential sale. I think if I was looking for a used truck, I would pass on those with spacers and modifications to the front suspension. However, I might be inclined to look closely at a truck with upgraded shocks. I understand that levelling shocks put no less of a strain on your suspension than a 2" spacer kit but appear more as a maintenance item than a modification. (IMO)

This is a good point. I traded in a pickup that was leveled last year and got top dollar for it. I think it really just depends on the dealer.

Before I would spend thousands on a lift, I would put a set of Cognito greaseable and replaceable UCAs on her. Remember that a true lift requires actually cutting parts of your undercarriage and makes your front track wider than your rear. Then you have to run spacers on the rear to avoid a weird looking rig when you're going down the road. Also, not everybody wants a lifted truck and you can return a leveled truck to stock real quick and cheaply. When I was looking for a new truck, the dealer wouldn't even take my leveled F150 in on a trade...they didn't purchase or sell trucks with altered suspension.

Those cognito UCA's look like a nice setup. On their website it says they recommend there struts to go with the control arm...? I'm sure id be fine with my stock strut and spacer kit (level kit) right? Anyone else installed these on there leveled truck before? Just curious. Their proud of there UCAS, but look like a good investment. At least the ball joint is easily replaceable. Thanks for your help.

I put a 2" leveling kit from StreetRays on my '16 custom and I love it so far. It has been about 2 weeks since I installed it, but so far the MPG difference is less tha 1 MPG, and I like the look a ton better. 3 reasons I chose this kit were 1. that it was from a company that is 45 min from my house, 2. Made from solid Aluminum, and 3. the price is half of RC.

I measured before and after at the top of the front wheel well and it was a 2" gain on the dot.

link, before and after below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SR-CHEVY-GMC-SILVERADO-SIERRA-07-16-FRONT-2-LIFT-LEVELING-KIT-LOWER-MOUNT-/272051329039?fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500&hash=item3f5785d80f:g:T3QAAOSw--1WqANr&vxp=mtr

post-158238-0-27878800-1463717229_thumb.jpg

post-158238-0-85066300-1463717237_thumb.jpg

Hey guys.. Do the Cognito Upper Control Arms do anything for the Camber if its maxed out? Anyone with experience having there camber maxed out and installed a set of upper control arms that helped?

Will 275/70/17 fit on my 2016 with a 1.5 level and the stock 17 inch aluminum rims? Still might buy some 18 inch take offs but for now I will be running the 17's

Yes. That will fit stock. These are 285/70-17 on a stock offset wheel with 1.5" lift.

07049408-4AC9-4E45-B716-1A09BF33A154_zps

• Like 1