2014+ Leveling Kits

Will 275/70/17 fit on my 2016 with a 1.5 level and the stock 17 inch aluminum rims? Still might buy some 18 inch take offs but for now I will be running the 17's

These tires would probably fit without a level.

Yes. That will fit stock. These are 285/70-17 on a stock offset wheel with 1.5" lift.

07049408-4AC9-4E45-B716-1A09BF33A154_zps

With the stock offset how close to rubbing are you with the 1.5 level? I love the look of that size and wonder with timbrens upfront if I could run my plow with that size and not rub

Thanks

Edited by MaineChevy

Haven't had them on long enough to notice as they're just temporary and a possible winter setup, but I have zero doubt it would be an issue, plenty of room.

Had those on my stock height '11 All Terrain with no rub. Actual specs are 17x8.5, +25.

So I put a rough country 2.5" on my 2016 AT up front, nothing in the back. I also have 295/60/20 on stock wheels. I was looking at the angle of my control arms at the end and it seems pretty steep. I was wondering yalls opinion? Would new control arms fix this or what? What are the long term consequences of this?

post-126149-0-87455700-1463943375_thumb.jpg

So I put a rough country 2.5" on my 2016 AT up front, nothing in the back. I also have 295/60/20 on stock wheels. I was looking at the angle of my control arms at the end and it seems pretty steep. I was wondering yalls opinion? Would new control arms fix this or what? What are the long term consequences of this?

Rest in peace control arms. Should of just put a lift. By the time you go back in and add aftermarket control arms you'll spend just as much as a lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rest in peace control arms. Should of just put a lift. By the time you go back in and add aftermarket control arms you'll spend just as much as a lift.

So what are you saying I should do? Will new control arms fix this? I was under the impression that the aftermarket UCAs were made for lifts and had different angles for the ball joints etc.

Edited by zback

Search for the Cognito UCAs on the interwebs. These address the exact Issue you are describing. It's only a matter of time before your ball joints wear out, depending on the abuse obviously. Cognitos are ideal for those of us who only want to level.

Edit: I did it for you. [emoji106]. http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/boxed-upper-control-arm-kit-1572.html

Edited by bwilloby46
  • Like 1

Search for the Cognito UCAs on the interwebs. These address the exact Issue you are describing. It's only a matter of time before your ball joints wear out, depending on the abuse obviously. Cognitos are ideal for those of us who only want to level.

Edit: I did it for you. [emoji106]. http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/boxed-upper-control-arm-kit-1572.html

I only have 1000 miles on this setup and the truck itself. Is this something I should go ahead and get now or wait for these ball joints to wear out? I'm worried by waiting, I could cause some other problems to my truck?

Thanks for the link BTW!

Edited by zback

I only have 1000 miles on this setup and the truck itself. Is this something I should go ahead and get now or wait for these ball joints to wear out? I'm worried by waiting, I could cause some other problems to my truck?

Thanks for the link BTW!

I'd just wait till you see some play in the ball joints.

• Like 1

How many miles are you guys going before replacing ball joints with just a level up front? I have the 2 inch RC front level only.

Here is where I get confused. I had a 2010 gmc sierra and I got it with 64k miles. I put a leveling kit as soon as I got it and I really put the word mudding to use and sold the truck at 112k miles and never ran into the ball joints issue

This is a great picture. I was under the impression that a level up to 2.5 inches was safe. Your picture shows a very unnatural angle from your UCLA to your knuckle. This is what you would expect it to look like while your wheel is falling into a deep pothole! I would like to see before and after pictures of various level/lift modifications. Would a 1.5 inch look "more natural" and a 3 inch look worse?