Mud Flaps for Sierra

Has anyone found and installed a good No-Drill set of Mud Flaps for their '14 GMC Sierra 1500? I have used Weather Tech Flaps previously but they do not have them available for the Sierra, same goes for Husky. I looked at the OEM Flaps from the dealer and drilling is still required. I'm concerned with rust from all the salt used here in the great northeast if I drill into fender lip. It appears that with the plastic fender flare it is backed up against the steel fender lip.

On one of my earlier vehicles I had to drill to attach mud-flaps, but then used silicone to seal the area around the screws and holes. Had that vehicle for five years afterward and kept an eye out for rust and never found a spot.

Thanks BarrieDad, I thought as a last resort I may have to do that if they don't come out soon. They're, Weather-tech & Husky, making them for the ''14 Silverado but not the Sierra. I'm sure it's due to the wheel we'll trim being added to the GMC.

Has anyone found and installed a good No-Drill set of Mud Flaps for their '14 GMC Sierra 1500? I have used Weather Tech Flaps previously but they do not have them available for the Sierra, same goes for Husky. I looked at the OEM Flaps from the dealer and drilling is still required. I'm concerned with rust from all the salt used here in the great northeast if I drill into fender lip. It appears that with the plastic fender flare it is backed up against the steel fender lip.

I'm at work now so I can't look but I don't think they drilled into any metal on the fenders. I think they drilled into the plastic fender flares only. I take a better look tomorrow. I have the dealer installed GM ones.

I'm at work now so I can't look but I don't think they drilled into any metal on the fenders. I think they drilled into the plastic fender flares only. I take a better look tomorrow. I have the dealer installed GM ones.

I looked at mine today. Looks like they used mostly existing bolts to attach them.

Just had a supplier speak with Weathertech today. Apparently, the molded no-drill flaps are out for the 2500HD and 3500HD, but not for the 1500 yet. I'm supposed to be getting a call as soon as they're available. I'll post here when I get the call.

• 1 month later...

I had emailed Weathertech asking when they would have the no drill guards available and I was told last week it would be another 6 to 8 weeks, at least. Not going into the winter without them so I bought Husky mud guards. For t he front I used the two factory screws and instead of drilling I used a piece of 3M double sided auto trim tape. The back guards for the GMC needs all three mounting holes drilled, to avoid that I used the 3M tape again.

I was worried that the tape wouldn't be enough to get through the winter up here in New England so I jacked up the truck to get more room for a 90 degree drill and used one of the screws that came with the guards to screw through the guard and into the plastic wheel-well trim in an area that had no sheet metal behind it. On each side you'll find that there is an area that allows for the screw to pass through the trim and not hit the sheet metal, so I did this for each side in the rear. No drilling for me:)

I know this is going to get credit for the "dumbest" question but...

Other than looking good what do Mud Flaps provide in terms of function? Do they keep you vehicle cleaner or just protect other people vehicles from possible rocks being kicked up?

I have flares going on my truck that I hope will keep debris from leaving my tires ending up on the sides of my truck.

I had emailed Weathertech asking when they would have the no drill guards available and I was told last week it would be another 6 to 8 weeks, at least. Not going into the winter without them so I bought Husky mud guards. For t he front I used the two factory screws and instead of drilling I used a piece of 3M double sided auto trim tape. The back guards for the GMC needs all three mounting holes drilled, to avoid that I used the 3M tape again.

I was worried that the tape wouldn't be enough to get through the winter up here in New England so I jacked up the truck to get more room for a 90 degree drill and used one of the screws that came with the guards to screw through the guard and into the plastic wheel-well trim in an area that had no sheet metal behind it. On each side you'll find that there is an area that allows for the screw to pass through the trim and not hit the sheet metal, so I did this for each side in the rear. No drilling for me:)

Can you provide pictures and did you do 3 in the rear flaps on each side?

• 1 month later...

I just heard from Weathertech that the No Drill Mud Flap is now available for the '14 Sierra. Problem is they won't fit if you have the OE fender guard/flare. I haven't seen a Sierra without them. Anyone else find a No Drill flap they like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had tried to install the husky using 3m body molding tape bug the tape didn't hold well enough. I orders some c clamps that Volkswagen uses for their mudflapa from a guy on eBay. Shipping from the UK probably cost me 10 bucks but I have a solution that works. For the front huskys I just used two screws instead of drilling for the third.

Archived