Backup camera upgradable?

kelub

• 4 weeks later...

this is my biggest issue with my 2014. The camera compared to last years truck or any other vehicle I have seen is horrible! I love the overlay feature but the video resolution is sooooo bad! I can't barley see what I am doing back there.

• Like 2

this is my biggest issue with my 2014. The camera compared to last years truck or any other vehicle I have seen is horrible! I love the overlay feature but the video resolution is sooooo bad! I can't barley see what I am doing back there.

Mines crystal clear. I'll shoot a pic of it at lunch today. Is there still plastic over the lens?

Edited by mzodarg

Mines crystal clear. I'll shoot a pic of it at lunch today. Is there still plastic over the lens?

That is great news! Maybe I just have a bad unit. Thanks for doing that... are you colors way off too or is that also just an indicator mine sucks. I was going to show the resolution in the adverts and demand it be just like the picture but that brought up shivering history of another rethread :). Hopefully I can just see.

That is great news! Maybe I just have a bad unit. Thanks for doing that... are you colors way off too or is that also just an indicator mine sucks. I was going to show the resolution in the adverts and demand it be just like the picture but that brought up shivering history of another rethread :). Hopefully I can just see.

No the colors are decent, only thing I have noticed is that in direct sunlight (shining right on the camera) it's useless. But I'm sure that would be any camera. I mentioned the shipping jimmy (plastic) because my 13 Malibu had it on there after I got it.

Edited by mzodarg

• 6 months later...

I have a 2014 Silverado crew cab LTZ, and feel that the back-up camera is the worst. It needs more brilliance to overcome the light coming through the windshield. I think the problem is with the camera. interested to find a resolution.