Updated 2014 truck constraints

Ron.s

2014 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 Double and Crew Cab 8-10 (A)

V8 Engines (L83, L86) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier constraints

Telescoping Column (N37) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier constraints - Silverado Double Cab LT

White Diamond Tricoat (GBN) paint may increase led time by 4 weeks or more due to a plant restriction- Crew Cab

Denali Package (5SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint - Sierra Crew Cab

Sunroof (CF5) may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to a supplier constraint- Crew Cab

20" Wheels (NZM) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint- Sierra

Compressed Natural Gas Engine (FHV) has been built out and is no longer available to order - Sierra Crew Cab

SLT Package (4SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to a supplier constraint - Sierra Double Cab

Special Paint (01U) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to plant restrictions

I also have a 2014 sierra denali on order. If you have multiple options above that are on order does it all fall under the longest time frame or do they add up. Ordered a short bed, summit white/black, sunroof, 6.2, trailer brake controller.

I went into my dealer and put a deposit down on Wednesday 10/30. all I have been told sofar is that the sunroof option and the 6.2 are on constraint. and the order will sit there until the constraints are lifted. ordered as a sold truck. kinda getting tired of waiting. just sold my trailblazer ss today and now I need something.

Doubt that anyone knows for certain but the constraints are probably worst case. GM may be catching up on parts shortages.

My vehicle was built this week after 2 one week delays.

Order accepted 10-1 and built 11-12-Denali 6.2. I think the 6.2 added at least a week because some 5.3's ordered a week after mine were built a week sooner than mine. Its like they might have made a running change to the engine because there weren't any/many 6.2s run for 2 weeks. My guessing a little.

Production could ramp up now let's hope.

I learned this morning that the 20" Denali wheels are on constraint but the dealer didn't say anything about the 6.2, sunroof, Denali package or anything else. Where can a list of weekly constraints like the the original post be found?

Constraint does not mean that none of those options aren't being built, it just means that they are rationing them and SOLD orders take precedence AS LONG as the dealer has an ALLOCATION for that vehicle. Thats the sticking point, they dealer may not have earned an allocation to have an order accepted.

Dealer Allocation is quite simply the number of units of a particular model a dealer will be able to acquire (and thus sell) in a given period of time.

My dealer tells me they don't have an order number that I've been asking for. And haven't been given any info other than its on constraint. I've been asking for an event code with no luck. I'm thinking they didn't have an allocation for it. and are waiting until they do. If that's the case I'll go to a diff dealer. How can I get into on my order? Anyone higher than the dealership able to see if its been ordered?

I would tell your dealer to work for you and be up front. Let them know if they don't have allocation for the unit that you will find a dealer that does have allocation and buy from that dealer. No dealer wants to lose a sale so I bet that will put a fire under their tail and get them moving.

This is all great to know and thanks for posting guys! I ordered Silverado 1500 4X4 6.2L MTP LTZ Z71 (got the sunroof, but power sliding rear was gone already) on 11.01 and it was accepted 11.11 with no movement from code 1100 since then. I will post any updates as I get them and hope for the best for you guys too!

I have my 4 inch lift picked out (going with BDS) and installer lined up. I was up until 1am last night looking at wheels and tires online! According to my calculations from Ron.s's post, if the 4 weeks are not in succession (can't imagine they would be) then I should get my truck the day after the first baseball spring training game at the absolute latest. I already have a countdown going on my laptop!

Best of luck to all.

This is all great to know and thanks for posting guys! I ordered Silverado 1500 4X4 6.2L MTP LTZ Z71 (got the sunroof, but power sliding rear was gone already) on 11.01 and it was accepted 11.11 with no movement from code 1100 since then. I will post any updates as I get them and hope for the best for you guys too!

I have my 4 inch lift picked out (going with BDS) and installer lined up. I was up until 1am last night looking at wheels and tires online! According to my calculations from Ron.s's post, if the 4 weeks are not in succession (can't imagine they would be) then I should get my truck the day after the first baseball spring training game at the absolute latest. I already have a countdown going on my laptop!

Best of luck to all.

Sounds about like mine except no Z71 and sunroof for me FWIW mine was accepted the week before yours 11/6 and like you I am still at 1100 as of yesterday.

Craig

• 2 months later...

just got a new update on constraints (or atleast for sunroofs)

all sunroof orders are on complete restraint due to supplier issue. Originally only Denali orders would be accepted (vs other models such as SLT with a sunroof) and be built while others would be pushed back a minimum of 4 weeks. GM notified its dealers yesterday that now, no orders including a sunroof will be accepted at this time

Hmm I am kinda glad that I did not get the moonroof option, there must be some issues going on that are being resolved. I had a couple of vehicles a few years back that had leak issues with their chopped in cab roof OPENINGS (aka moonroofs) and have never wanted a moon roof since. If I were ordering a truck that would be an automatic delete BAM

• 1 month later...

I was told the sliding rear window was on constraint ... anyone heard of this or if it was lifted? They haven't confirmed but they may have ordered my truck without it (-200 credit for the package its supposed to be included in).

Archived