2015 Colorado picture

Joe_K

If that's what it's going to look like, I'm terribly disappointed. :( That just looks awful. Looks like they followed Ford's new Ranger design. Way to blow it GM! Does it even offer a manual trans as an option?

If that's what it's going to look like, I'm terribly disappointed. :( That just looks awful. Looks like they followed Ford's new Ranger design. Way to blow it GM! Does it even offer a manual trans as an option?

If people bought manuals then automakers would offer them. Aside from folks who like working a shifter (which IMO is silly because manuals in trucks suck and always have) there is no advantage. A modern automatic will be more efficient and quicker too.

Looks good.

I like it and yes manuals are so yesterday.....except on Harleys.

I can't say enough good things about the auto in my newish 2500. Tow/haul, six speed, excellent transmission.

I was looking online at the Holden Colorado several days ago and speculated to myself that it would be the NA Colorado. I was correct and thank goodness GM put more pleasing sheet metal on the front clip for the Amerinadian version. The Holden has the 2.8 Duramax (4 cyl inline) now, that is apparently sourced from Thailand. The Aussies do not offer a gasoline engine, but offer the baby Duramax with both 6 spd manual and 6 spd auto transmissions.

I will also agree that manuals are so yesterday, except in sports cars, like Corvette. I like the new body style a lot. I hate the looks of the Global Colorado, but from what I have read the only piece of sheet metal the 2 share is the roof panel, and the rest of the truck is specific to the US Colorado. I'm envisioning a red hot or rain forest green metalic, extended cab, Z71, 2.8L diesel with a 3" lift in my driveway. However the 3.6L with 302 HP & 270 lb-ft of torque is enticing. I especially like that the Z71 get the black out treatment and how the bed on the extended cab does not curve under the cab. I know the G80 will be standard on the Z71 and an option on the WT & LT but I wonder if there will be gear ratio options.

I've had vehicles without those, no matter as they're little more than idiot lights with how unresponsive they are. Look at how many people post up thinking their alternator is messed up with the way the volt gauge acts. Better off ditching them since almost no one bothers to understand their vehicles these days.

Styling is so subjective.

I really don't care for the current styling of cars. They all look the same.

Chevrolet does do a better job.

But people are purchasing Fords - good/bad styling.

As far as manual transmission. There still some of use that do wish for such.

Kids today don't even know how to drive a manual transmission. So sales to them won't happen.

No pictures yet of the Work Truck. Hope they make a column shift.

Usually any Work Truck has potential to allow 3 across.

There are quite a few companies that do purchase fleet vehicles. A market that GM should not wish to avoid.

Styling is so subjective.

I really don't care for the current styling of cars. They all look the same.

Chevrolet does do a better job.

But people are purchasing Fords - good/bad styling.

As far as manual transmission. There still some of use that do wish for such.

Kids today don't even know how to drive a manual transmission. So sales to them won't happen.

No pictures yet of the Work Truck. Hope they make a column shift.

Usually any Work Truck has potential to allow 3 across.

There are quite a few companies that do purchase fleet vehicles. A market that GM should not wish to avoid.

Here are those pics of the WT exterior and interior. I just picked the extended cab, but it is available in all 3 configurations. You really must look at Chevrolet.com for more info. no column shift and I dont think that 3 people would fit comfortably in this truck with a 3 across configuration.

ColoradoWText.jpg

ColoradoWTint.jpg

Thanks for the picture of the Work Truck.

As I recall on my 2012 - there was an "option" for bucket seats. I got the column shift version.

So all should be interesting if they still have column shift and technically all 3 across in front.

There may be a push for all trucks to have floor shifter to prevent 3 across. Safety and airbags and such.

Sad if the column shifter goes away.

There are no cars left with column shifter. Gone. "Progress" I guess.

Archived