2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

23 hours ago, WC_LTZ said:

Not that I can get with my iPhone that are decent. There are a few on YouTube I found that are pretty accurate if you search. It’s got a good startup note and isn’t too loud under load. Lay into it and you hear it real good. Cruising around town or highway there is no drone or ‘helicopter’ noise in V4. It is a very good quality and I am very happy with it. I do think the flapper valve makes all the difference.

Again, I found it for $999, tips were $116, and got 5% off.

Is the GM Borla kit the touring model?  Also can you elaborate a bit on your flapper valve comment?  Does replacing the stock exhaust eliminate that or is that something additional that you had to do in addition to installing the borla?

Is the GM Borla kit the touring model?  Also can you elaborate a bit on your flapper valve comment?  Does replacing the stock exhaust eliminate that or is that something additional that you had to do in addition to installing the borla?

The GM Borla is touring. The only difference between GM Borla and the direct-from-Borla touring system is the mechanical flapper valve. This is similar to the OEM one that’s on our trucks now. And no, it’s included in the system. Unbolt old, bolt up new.

9 hours ago, WC_LTZ said:

The GM Borla is touring. The only difference between GM Borla and the direct-from-Borla touring system is the mechanical flapper valve. This is similar to the OEM one that’s on our trucks now. And no, it’s included in the system. Unbolt old, bolt up new.

Thanks.  Is that flapper valve’s only purpose to make the exhaust sound good when in V4 mode?  I use a range, so I’m always in V8 mode. Thinking that since I’m always in V8 mode that I have no use for that flapper and would be best suited to go with the “direct from Borla” Touring vs the GM Borla. 

Thanks.  Is that flapper valve’s only purpose to make the exhaust sound good when in V4 mode?  I use a range, so I’m always in V8 mode. Thinking that since I’m always in V8 mode that I have no use for that flapper and would be best suited to go with the “direct from Borla” Touring vs the GM Borla. 

I have no idea. May quiet it some at lower speeds. Either way, I also wanted a GM OEM part so I didn’t have any issues that could come up with my warranty.

3 minutes ago, WC_LTZ said:

I have no idea. May quiet it some at lower speeds. Either way, I also wanted a GM OEM part so I didn’t have any issues that could come up with my warranty.

Ok - thanks. 

I recently did a muffler delete and flap delete, but kept the resonator/rear cat in place. The sound is a lot louder than stock, but a little more of a "popping" tone than I'd like, if that makes sense. So I'm planning on adding a muffler back in place, I'm thinking flowmaster, as I'm just looking for a low rumble versus the higher pitched tone. My question is... is there a muffler that would make the tone of the exhaust sound nice without removing the rear resonator/cat? Or would it be best to just remove it regardless? I'm not looking for a crazy loud truck, just a smooth, low rumble. 

I had the 40 series on my 15, liked it, wasnt crazy loud, but nice rumble at start up and cruising speeds, ive had the magnaflow as well, that was quieter, louder than stock but sometimes you couldnt really tell you did anything.

Now on my 17 i have flow 10 series, with flap deleted and dumped at the axle and love it, you can def tell you have something installed, loud at start up, low rumble at idle once warm and loud on the road crusing speeds

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cubangt said:

I had the 40 series on my 15, liked it, wasnt crazy loud, but nice rumble at start up and cruising speeds, ive had the magnaflow as well, that was quieter, louder than stock but sometimes you couldnt really tell you did anything.

Now on my 17 i have flow 10 series, with flap deleted and dumped at the axle and love it, you can def tell you have something installed, loud at start up, low rumble at idle once warm and loud on the road crusing speeds

When you had the Flowmaster 40 on your 15, did you only replace the muffler or did you also dump everything behind it? 

On that truck i only replaced the muffler, and deleted the resonator and flap with pipe out the back since that truck had the chrome tip, chose to keep the stock look.

The 17 didnt come with anything worth keeping on, so reason i dumped it.

Just installed the magnaflow 15267 a few days ago on my 18 5.3. Very happy with it so far. If your not looking for a extremely loud exhaust I think it’s terrific. A big difference over stock but not enough to be obnoxious. I think the quality was great for being under 700 bucks.IMG_0157.JPGIMG_0158.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one ever notice any issue with pipe whistling while at cruising speeds with side exit exhaust systems?  I'm thinking about getting the Borla Touring split side exit and read that there could be an issue with that.  Anyone experience that?

Also - it's tough to tell from pics online, but for anyone that has the touring side exit, how much farther out do the pipes stick vs. the stock exhaust?  

On 3/3/2018 at 5:34 PM, WC_LTZ said:

Did your shop forget a hanger or two? Mine is about 1” from the bottom of the bed. Almost horizontal.

It doesn't appear that the Chevy dealership did anything wrong with the hangers on the Borla Touring "GM Performance" exhaust.    The muffler shop guys said likewise since I asked them to see if there was an easy fix.     I think the issue was that since I was going with 3" instead of 4" tips like the Borla, the gap from the bumper is exaggerated even more.     I'll probably pay the extra in the future just to have them re-route the rear section of pipes into a single OEM look side exhaust somehow. 

RamAyIu.jpg 

sort of has that 1970's exhaust look to me (I'm old lol)

3xqMIKP.jpg

V9cnhUE.jpg

definitely the new version with the box instead of bypass.....

Edited by KeyserSoze

It doesn't appear that the Chevy dealership did anything wrong with the hangers on the Borla Touring "GM Performance" exhaust.    The muffler shop guys said likewise since I asked them to see if there was an easy fix.     I think the issue was that since I was going with 3" instead of 4" tips like the Borla, the gap from the bumper is exaggerated even more.     I'll probably pay the extra in the future just to have them re-route the rear section of pipes into a single OEM look side exhaust somehow. 

RamAyIu.jpg 
> sort of has that 1970  
https://imgur.com/3xqMIKP.jpg' alt='3xqMIKP.jpg'>

V9cnhUE.jpg

definitely the new version with the box instead of bypass.....

That’s why. I was thinking side exit and not rear exit.

Also, for the side exit, this is how far mine stick out. They do have a good amount of adjustability (these are almost all the way in).

No ‘whistling’ noticed

386a0ff10994045dc8a76ba976e6e42e.jpg