Interest Rates?

Ekordas

Just clicking on the links on the USAA page it says "you are not eligible for these discounts."

Go to the dealer with the approach that you are eligible for this. I never even looked on USAA before I purchased.

That may be why you got the discount since you have a savings account. I'm retired military and I don't have a checking or savings account with them. I've had the account for several years and don't remember if I had to pay a fee to join.

It was free for me to join

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at the dealer for service my saleman commented that he had never seen rates this good. He got someone 3.9 for 84, 1.9 for 72 and 60 from a normal bank (Suntrust) with rates like that you can take advantage of cash on the hood..... even used rates are great. I was offered 3.9 for 75 months on my 2010 (took GM Certified's 0 for 36)

I will say always make sure you are getting the "buy rate" Dealers can and will mark up the rate and it's all gravy for them. Ask to see the call from the bank and take that rate or walk. in my case, they offered me 4.9 for 72 when I threatened to walk unless they let me see the computer screen with the calls I saw that the rate from the bank was 3.9.... I ended up going with the Certified used rate of 0% but still.....

Archived