2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

Yup. Mine will be ready on the 13th and I'm also getting custom tune and dyno tests to see the gains. If you go with the Volant let me know how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading the posts made by TJay74 and CorvetteOJ I ordered an Airaid CAI system for my 6.2L Silverado. I hope my installation goes as smooth as theirs did. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After reading the posts made by TJay74 and CorvetteOJ I ordered an Airaid CAI system for my 6.2L Silverado. I hope my installation goes as smooth as theirs did. I guess we'll see. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratualtions Tom. Personally, I think you will be happy, and probably surprised at the results. Let me know if you have any questions about the install. As TJay told me, getting the coupler to slide on the throttle body is a little snug, but it will go. Other than that, the rest is a piece of cake if you follow the directions. Good luck.

Congratualtions Tom. Personally, I think you will be happy, and probably surprised at the results. Let me know if you have any questions about the install. As TJay told me, getting the coupler to slide on the throttle body is a little snug, but it will go. Other than that, the rest is a piece of cake if you follow the directions. Good luck.

Thanks!! I feel better doing it now that I know I have a "go-to guy" in case I have trouble. Thanks again!!!

Edited by LTZTom

when looking at both the Airaid and the Stage-2 Si Intake from AFE ...... I guess the main difference is the Airaid is open (used hood as the top) And it draws the air from under in front of the grill. The AFE is closed and draws the air from the factory opening.

My thoughts are the Airaid will definitely have more intake noise when the power is put down. As for the where they "draw" the air from... I don't know if one is better than the other..

thoughts?

The Airaid will flow more air. That's why I decided to go with it. Love the results.

I didn't pay near that asking price tho.. That's insane

Edited by Dj0nes

Check out the Dyno results of both systems on the websites. The Airaid makes more power than the Afe. Also pushes more cfm (cubic feet per minute) than the afe. I won a bid on eBay for the Airaid system. You have all the answers you need with the info provided on their sites. If you wait until the 13th I'm going in for dyno pulls to see actual non-website gains and a custom tune with exhaust results as well. So as of now I'm going off of info provided via manufacture.

No problem. I was on the fence for a lil bit to.. But numbers are the only thing in life that will never lie. If you go with the dry filter let me know how you like it. I have the oiled. (synthaflow)