2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

I did think about that same thing in advance. Hard to say.. but I would guess they tested this with both the silverado and sierra in advance. The rubber seal looks like it's flexible and can bend downward by a good .5 inch

Can some of you guys that have the Airaid now comment?

• Like 1

I have this Airaid intake and I have no issues with my hood popping up or anything of the sort. Simple installation and step by step instructions included if needed. I only have about 100 miles on it so no real world number changes just yet but it really does wake the truck up.

Also the Volant does look just like the Afe in a way.. I know the Volant utilized a honey comb filter when the Afe has the standard traditional type filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dj0nes

no it wont push up on the hood, there is still a hood liner in place plus this seal is a soft rubber that is thin and sticks up only a 1/2".

Edited by TJay74

Guys with the Airaid - how is the intake noise level? When you punch the gas.. I'm sure you can hear a difference. But what about just cruising on the highway ... is there anymore noise when compared to stock ?

Edited by GMC-AT

No noise when you're just cruising along at a steady speed. During acceleration you hear it but it's not over powering or annoying. When you get into it tho, it comes alive and sounds great. Sounds like you're very skeptical of a aftermarket intake.. Which you're aloud to be. Don't expect it to double hp or anything.. Most power shows at a higher RPM but the torque curve improved thru out every gear. Seems to even shift a lil better and not as much. I would safely say a 7-10 hp gain at the wheels. Which is great considering these 5.3'a are hardly 300 to the wheels.. The 355/383 is at the flywheel not to the ground.

Wouldn't hurt to install a cat back exhaust now. Squeeze a lil more power out of that 5.3 then a tune to bring it all together.

So I put the Airaid intake on today. Fairly easy install, took about 45mins. I've only driven it about 50 miles with it on so I can't give any MPG info. It seems to have a tad more pickup. Throttle response from 0 seems the same. When your cruising and step on the gas you get a good sound and it really takes off. Driving around town it has a little more noise then I would like to hear. Especially going up step hills at a slow pace, its kinda of annoying. Im sure I'll get used to it, but I'm keeping the stock system just in case. I wonder if the volant would be quieter because its a sealed box design?

Tapatalk via Moto X

Edited by anthony2558

Has anyone got the volant kit. In there pics for the intake they show one with a standard cone filter and another they show with what appears to be the Donaldson's filter. But there is no options to pic the type of filter you want????? Or its just two pics with maybe a photo shop mishap?

Tapatalk via Moto X

Edited by anthony2558