Center console swap?

On 11/1/2017 at 11:16 AM, Eliot said:

Hi pgamboa,

Yesterday I checked the HMI harness made by local shop and they left two pair of wires cut on the left harness (See picture attached), could you tell me what are they for? or do you know were I can get the electrical diagram in order to see what signal is missing? I can not stream music, or use handsfree function, sine I have no audio when I make phone calls.

Thanks in advance for your support,

IMG-20171031-WA0060.thumb.jpg.cde089eb8e7269e722504bfee2cc1620.jpg

BajaKing

You should start a new thread on this.  There are lots of people here waiting on an update from me on a console harness.  I found what I think these wires are for.  Please start a new thread and will help you there.  On the GMUpfitter manual for 2016, Page 1007 of 1617 shows this 16 pin connector.  

Thanks,

21 hours ago, Mark Mortenson said:

Finally got time today to do the install. I'm not sure why alot of  post say you have to take out the seat or seats.  I see no reason to remove either seat to install this.  This took about a hour with leaving both seats in.  

20171109_125216.jpg

Really nice looking truck and great job on installing console! Did you get everything connected and working?  I am waiting on my light bar to come in before I contact pgamboa again for help on install.  I want to utilize a couple of the power outlets up front for front LED lights and rear spot lights on mine. I even thought about swapping out the new console front plate with a CB head unit, but I don't do many trails so will just utilize that area for LED light switches and USB ports/110 outlet. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, markusarealuis said:

Really nice looking truck and great job on installing console! Did you get everything connected and working?  I am waiting on my light bar to come in before I contact pgamboa again for help on install.  I want to utilize a couple of the power outlets up front for front LED lights and rear spot lights on mine. I even thought about swapping out the new console front plate with a CB head unit, but I don't do many trails so will just utilize that area for LED light switches and USB ports/110 outlet. 

Thanks I'm very happy with it.  I've bought 5 new trucks and every time i wish I had got a center console.   I don't buy a High Country or Denali so they usually have a jump seat.  I plan on keeping this truck a little longer because they are getting to damn expensive.  I just hooked up the cig outlet and 110 volt outlet and waiting for the plug n play harness.  

may sound a little crazy to you guys but would it be possible to swap out the center console for a jump seat? I have an ltz and would like to take out the center console and put in a jump seat but wasn't sure what all is left exposed under the center console once you take it out.
We can trade my jump seat

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

***PnP Harness UPDATE***

Haven't had much time to work on PnP Console Harnesses, but the ONE harness that was bundled with a console I sold did have snag on install.  The buyer said the connector that I used (that plugs into the under seat connector) did not quite fit and needed modification.  Sounded like there was a "keying" problem.  This is where the connector is slightly different on the housing.  

So... I'll need to keep this in "Beta" until I can understand the full requirements for the different years.

Thanks,

got console on its way.  so whats the bottom line here. I have a 2014, I don't care (at all) if all the USBs work as data, as long as at least one does, doesn't matter which one.  I DO want them all to work as chargers though.  What is the EASIEST way to do that.  Minimal cutting and splicing please.  

• Like 1

got console on its way.  so whats the bottom line here. I have a 2014, I don't care (at all) if all the USBs work as data, as long as at least one does, doesn't matter which one.  I DO want them all to work as chargers though.  What is the EASIEST way to do that.  Minimal cutting and splicing please.  

If you remove the jumpseat harness and keep intact, you’ll find most of the connections you need. It should allow you plug in:

Rear 12V
Inside Compartment 12v
Inside Compartment USB

The front 12V and 110V outlet will use the existing from your ashtray location.

The front 2nd port will need to be spliced in and can be done with the neighboring Plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

If you remove the jumpseat harness and keep intact, you’ll find most of the connections you need. It should allow you plug in:

Rear 12V
Inside Compartment 12v
Inside Compartment USB

The front 12V and 110V outlet will use the existing from your ashtray location.

The front 2nd port will need to be spliced in and can be done with the neighboring Plug.

sounds easy enough.  and whats the fast easy way to power (only) the front usbs? 

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Instead of driving the inside Compartment USB, use that connection to drive the front hub.

yea but whats the "easy" way to power the one that is not hooked to the jump seat harness.  I understand it would be power only and not data, and that's fine.  

The glove box HMI has (2) available USB Ports. Green and Black Plug. So, you’ll need a green to gray, and a black to gray to feed both USB hubs, plus the power/ground on the 6-pin

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

The glove box HMI has (2) available USB Ports. Green and Black Plug. So, you’ll need a green to gray, and a black to gray to feed both USB hubs, plus the power/ground on the 6-pin

thanks! and is that easily done once the console is already in?  i.e. can i do the console with the jumpseat harness, get everything working with the exception of the front USB ports, then at a later time do that portion of it?  

Yep. When you have the harness out, inspect the existing 6-pin that plugs into the USB Hub.

Pin 6 (power) and pin 4 (ground) is the Splice to power up the other Hub. This, along with a USB cable feed from the HMI is all you should need to get a hub working.