Center console swap?

23 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks! I’ve got no knowledge of HMI programming or any other module/cluster/BCM Programming though.

I just look for missing wires/circuits and fill in the blanks. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi pgamboa,

Yesterday I checked the HMI harness made by local shop and they left two pair of wires cut on the left harness (See picture attached), could you tell me what are they for? or do you know were I can get the electrical diagram in order to see what signal is missing? I can not stream music, or use handsfree function, sine I have no audio when I make phone calls.

Thanks in advance for your support,

IMG-20171031-WA0060.thumb.jpg.cde089eb8e7269e722504bfee2cc1620.jpg

BajaKing

• Like 1

Hi pgamboa,
Yesterday I checked the HMI harness made by local shop and they left two pair of wires cut on the left harness (See picture attached), could you tell me what are they for? or do you know were I can get the electrical diagram in order to see what signal is missing? I can not stream music, or use handsfree function, sine I have no audio when I make phone calls.

Thanks in advance for your support,

IMG-20171031-WA0060.thumb.jpg.cde089eb8e7269e722504bfee2cc1620.jpg

BajaKing

I’d have to look that up. All the info I get is free and from GMupfitter.com. There is a 1600 page electrical PDF that you can download.

The green and black USB ports are needed for the USB hubs you have. In addition, there is a 6-Pin connector hat provides power to the front hub, power and 3.5” aux signals to the inside Compartment hub. If you are trying to use any Connections, this is why they are not working.

I called my chevy dealer and they said it was about $800 for the part. Installation would be very expensive. They said they would have to lower the transmission in order to install it. Does that sound right? I've seen lots of people posting that they've installed it themselves. I can't imagine people lowering their transmissions.  Anyone have any ideas? It would cost me around $2,500 to go the dealer route and that's way too much.  Please help. Thanks

I called my chevy dealer and they said it was about $800 for the part. Installation would be very expensive. They said they would have to lower the transmission in order to install it. Does that sound right? I've seen lots of people posting that they've installed it themselves. I can't imagine people lowering their transmissions.  Anyone have any ideas? It would cost me around $2,500 to go the dealer route and that's way too much.  Please help. Thanks
To put a console in? Damn I bought my complete console from my dealer for under 600 and put it in myself in an hour. That's robbery

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Where did you buy the console from? Did it come with directions on how to install it. I can't do it myself but maybe I can get my dad to install it for me. $600 is not bad. Did you have to drop the transmission.  Thanks - Jasmin

Sounds like to me the dealership is trying to F you....doesn’t even make sense you need to drop the transmission. There’s like 4 bolts maybe and a harness that has to get loosened and unplugged.

10 minutes ago, chrispassas21 said:

Sounds like to me the dealership is trying to F you....doesn’t even make sense you need to drop the transmission. There’s like 4 bolts maybe and a harness that has to get loosened and unplugged.

The parts number I got for the swap are these:

Console GM p/n 22995069

Panel      GM p/n 22817349

Panel     GM p/n 22817347

Plate      GM p/n 22995085

What you need to do is just check what color a the trim (Panel) to make sure is what you need.

Baja King

Just now, Eliot said:

The parts number I got for the swap are these:

Console GM p/n 22995069

Panel      GM p/n 22817349

Panel     GM p/n 22817347

Plate      GM p/n 22995085

What you need to do is just check what color a the trim (Panel) to make sure is what you need.

Baja King

Forgot to add that is not neccessary to lower the transmision, there are 4 screws you need to remove from the jump seat and 2 connectors to unplug inside the cabine, that is all.

BajaKing

Move the seats forward... put the console in. Lol. Drop the transmission? [emoji23].

If you go through this thread, you’ll learn that everyone is using a combination of the jump seat harness and the console harness to make everything work.

For full consoles trucks, there is a 42-Pin connector up front where the connection lands on.

For jump seat, it’s a 16-Pin Connector under the passenger seat. That’s why there is really not an easy way to retrofit.

I have a completed “Plug and Play” harness that essentially plugs under the passenger seat (16-pin) and mates up with the 42-pin up front.

There will be a combination of using existing connections, my harness, and some USB cables to make all components functional.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Move the seats forward... put the console in. Lol. Drop the transmission? emoji23.png.

If you go through this thread, you’ll learn that everyone is using a combination of the jump seat harness and the console harness to make everything work.

For full consoles trucks, there is a 42-Pin connector up front where the connection lands on.

For jump seat, it’s a 16-Pin Connector under the passenger seat. That’s why there is really not an easy way to retrofit.

I have a completed “Plug and Play” harness that essentially plugs under the passenger seat (16-pin) and mates up with the 42-pin up front.

There will be a combination of using existing connections, my harness, and some USB cables to make all components functional.

when will this harness be available?

4 hours ago, jacobrmiller05 said:

when will this harness be available?

As soon as I can find some free time to begin building them.  LOL.  I'm hoping within the next week or two.  I have a waitlist right now with about 10 members.  Since I am building these from scratch, it takes a lot longer than mirror/door harnesses.  

5 hours ago, Hogtiming said:

All work is done inside the cab. 100%

The tech must have thought you meant something else, as the transmission has nothing to do with the console or related parts

Not very likely they talked to a tech. Most likely a service writer, and they don't know sh!t.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, soccer25 said:

anyone in LOUISIANA OR TEXAS (Houston) getting rid of a center console? i want to make the modification

can someone reference the ebay user that was selling these?

Thanks!

"brenco30" I believe is who I bought mine from. He's referenced a few times in this thread. Received it in about a week and very well packaged