All Terrain Painted Bumper Chips

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they look good but are far from practical. If I had any idea they would chip so easy I would have never got them. I painted aircraft for awhile and the paint just chipping off like that was a sign of bad prep work and the paint not sticking to the metal. It might be because of there environmental restrictions on what they can use and that's why the paints not sticking. That's something they should have realized because this is ****ing rediculous. I already got 4 big ass chips in my paint and I've only had it 4 months

Yeah they look good but are far from practical. If I had any idea they would chip so easy I would have never got them. I painted aircraft for awhile and the paint just chipping off like that was a sign of bad prep work and the paint not sticking to the metal. It might be because of there environmental restrictions on what they can use and that's why the paints not sticking. That's something they should have realized because this is ****ing rediculous. I already got 4 big ass chips in my paint and I've only had it 4 months

It's a pain, I wouldn't have gotten a painted front end either. I'm about to cover the front of my truck in blue painters tape like all the tuner guys to when they drive to meets

The bumper is only half the problem... remember the grill is also painted and will chip just as easily. Again, I only have a few small chips in 5K miles ... but one of them was on the painted grill. So far, I have just been touching up the paint as needed. you can't see any chips.

This chiping shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I know that I thought about this a lot before ordering the AT package. I knew in advance this could be an issue. But decided I had to have the AT... we all know it looks the best!

Just get some OEM touch up paint, don't tailgate or get a clear bra.. :driving:

I am new to this site. I have a 2014 Sierra Denali that i got just before Thanksgiving. It has 8k miles on it now. I spent a few hours last weekend touching up all the paint chips on the front bump. I guess there were atleast 25 or 30 chips. The wifes 2011 FX 35 has a painted front end. It has 52k with maybe 10 chips. The 2010 Tundra i traded had 202k with fewer chips.

I have the AT with the same problem. 4K mile and big azz chips, but with the way this is going...

Vibration :banghead:

creaking noise when cold

ON STAR has never worked

moisture in headlights

Fire recall

I might not have it very long.

Jonathon, find out how I can get GM to take back these cheaply painted bumpers and give me the chrome ones. This is like the last straw. Nothing works like it should and now we have to ride around in trucks that look like they have been through a war on top of it. We should all start writing to every truck magazine that said what great trucks these were and tell them what is really going on and how GM is just pretending we don't exist and every thing is just fine and dandy. Maybe a couple of pages of bad press will light a fire under your bosses butts.

Hey dredd,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. If this is something you think we should take a look into please reach out via PM with your name, contact info, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.

GM Customer Care

PM sent

Archived