Jump to content
block8head

What have you done to your K2 today?

Recommended Posts

On 5/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Did a overnight, out/back, turn-around trip up to San Ramon (Bay Area) on Saturday afternoon and last night, for our neice's graduation from CSU East Bay. 

 

Saturday's drive up wasn't bad, other than needing to stop, and the on-ramp to get back on the highway being closed for construction.  (I-5 NB @ SR-46)  The next 30 miles ended up SUCKING!!!!!  :ughdance:  Went straight to our hotel, accidentally left my phone at the desk, went back to get it, GONE, activated "Find My iPhone" app, tracked it down to their dumpster, where the "customer," that was behind us in line, was "digging through."  When we checked out, the day clerk said to make it reflect, so I DID!!!

 

Sunday, the ceremony was supposed to be at 10AM, but Saturday night (VIA EMAIL) we were notified that it was postponed to 5PM.  Most of the family that came up to see her graduate, had to leave by 6PM.  We were looking at leaving around then, BUT decided to stay for her.  Ended up leaving around 8:30PM, our initial/original ETA home was 1:30AM, ended up being 3:15AM, cause Siri wanted us to go a direction that we didn't see why, until we came to a STOP 3.5 miles from the next available detour.  Come to find out, I-5 SB was CLOSED for a 10 mile stretch and everyone was being rerouted by CalTRANS.  As we were getting to the off-ramp for the CalTRANS detour, they reopened I-5 SB.  Going from Grapevine to Gorman was HELL, 2 Peterbilt trucks crawling up the mountain, with 2 luxury cars beside them, in the next two lanes, AND Mortimer slowly going past all of them in the passing lane.  SO, I passed Mortimer on the left, moved in front of him, re-engaged my cruise, and was GONE!!!!

 

Trip B started at 18.3MPG for the life of the truck, ended at 18.8, and now almost has 13K on it.  My Fuelly was 17.3 AMPG, now 17.4 and I have to refuel tonight.  Fuelly says that I had averaged 18.93 MPG on the way up/around Hayward, computer was showing that I was in the 20s.  Computer is currently showing 21.7MPG since Hayward, even with idling on I-5 for almost a hour.  I topped off after work on Friday ($3.999), on the way home again, in Hayward, CA ($4.399, when we started heading for home), and I'm refueling tonight after work (probably still $3.999).   I estimate that it will be in the 19s according to Fuelly.

What ?

 

On 5/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, STRMTRPR said:

..lol I hope the marks on the pavement aren't from you with the trailer! :D

No kidding that woulda looked awesome.   Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Did a overnight, out/back, turn-around trip up to San Ramon (Bay Area) on Saturday afternoon and last night, for our neice's graduation from CSU East Bay. 

 

Saturday's drive up wasn't bad, other than needing to stop, and the on-ramp to get back on the highway being closed for construction.  (I-5 NB @ SR-46)  The next 30 miles ended up SUCKING!!!!!  :ughdance:  Went straight to our hotel, accidentally left my phone at the desk, went back to get it, GONE, activated "Find My iPhone" app, tracked it down to their dumpster, where the "customer," that was behind us in line, was "digging through."  When we checked out, the day clerk said to make it reflect, so I DID!!!

 

Sunday, the ceremony was supposed to be at 10AM, but Saturday night (VIA EMAIL) we were notified that it was postponed to 5PM.  Most of the family that came up to see her graduate, had to leave by 6PM.  We were looking at leaving around then, BUT decided to stay for her.  Ended up leaving around 8:30PM, our initial/original ETA home was 1:30AM, ended up being 3:15AM, cause Siri wanted us to go a direction that we didn't see why, until we came to a STOP 3.5 miles from the next available detour.  Come to find out, I-5 SB was CLOSED for a 10 mile stretch and everyone was being rerouted by CalTRANS.  As we were getting to the off-ramp for the CalTRANS detour, they reopened I-5 SB.  Going from Grapevine to Gorman was HELL, 2 Peterbilt trucks crawling up the mountain, with 2 luxury cars beside them, in the next two lanes, AND Mortimer slowly going past all of them in the passing lane.  SO, I passed Mortimer on the left, moved in front of him, re-engaged my cruise, and was GONE!!!!

 

Trip B started at 18.3MPG for the life of the truck, ended at 18.8, and now almost has 13K on it.  My Fuelly was 17.3 AMPG, now 17.4 and I have to refuel tonight.  Fuelly says that I had averaged 18.93 MPG on the way up/around Hayward, computer was showing that I was in the 20s.  Computer is currently showing 21.7MPG since Hayward, even with idling on I-5 for almost a hour.  I topped off after work on Friday ($3.999), on the way home again, in Hayward, CA ($4.399, when we started heading for home), and I'm refueling tonight after work (probably still $3.999).   I estimate that it will be in the 19s according to Fuelly.

In keeping with the actual theme of this thread. What exactly did you do to your K2?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jacoby said:

In keeping with the actual theme of this thread. What exactly did you do to your K2?

He put gas in it. We just got the mile by mile breakdown on his last tank. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

He put gas in it. We just got the mile by mile breakdown on his last tank. 

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered some CoverCraft seat covers and a Fumoto oil drain valve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jacoby said:

In keeping with the actual theme of this thread. What exactly did you do to your K2?

Drove over 700 miles, was surprised that I didn't have to fuel up more often than I did.  With my '15, had to refuel just south of Tracy, CA, going up and again coming back, used more fuel with a smaller engine (5.3).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dealership really came through! No more rusty frame, and comes with a hefty warranty!!
8e314abf459062694e010c007aebd18e.jpgd4b014d5896467ddddd38f696d1ce77d.jpg92fa92ca844204dd5fafa9b399f5d765.jpg565a97e5c8c641ba5e5a5b7e323b46a3.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MHPrior80
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did they use/do? Hopefully they didn't just trap a bunch of moisture and exasperate the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

What did they use/do? Hopefully they didn't just trap a bunch of moisture and exasperate the issue.

Sent the truck out to a professional undercoater. Got rid of all the rust, hit it with corrosion-x inside and out then sealed it inside and out with this stuff. Not sure exactly what kind of coating it is. 

Edited by MHPrior80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

Sent the truck out to a professional undercoater. Got rid of all the rust, hit it with corrosion-x inside and out then sealed it inside and out with this stuff. Not sure exactly what kind of coating it is. 

Sounds good. Hopefully no more issues!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed the badges and door moldings, it looks so much cleaner!

ac02133bbf8d3ae9a47bd6bc33c63e66.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added my powdered coated Sierra/Yukon 18’s and swapped the black door handles and mirror caps for silver
Before
21b45bad2d083887885c2ed73bd64226.jpg
After
457d1cf0cd25b2e42bc6da13a3a866f0.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MHPrior80 said:

Dealership really came through! No more rusty frame, and comes with a hefty warranty!!
8e314abf459062694e010c007aebd18e.jpgd4b014d5896467ddddd38f696d1ce77d.jpg92fa92ca844204dd5fafa9b399f5d765.jpg565a97e5c8c641ba5e5a5b7e323b46a3.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Wow they literally sprayed everything.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

 

Wow they literally sprayed everything.

Yea. It looks amazing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

 

Wow they literally sprayed everything.

Yep, wheelhouse liners, bolts, wires, shocks...  :D

 

Have fun when you have to work on something.  You WILL have that black junk EVERYWHERE!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.