What have you done to your K2 today?

The grille was a pain to separate. Headlight trim was easier. Lol. There are about 20 or so clips on the back of the grille and they're a little tricky to get out. Just need 2 screwdrivers to pry with.

What is needed to take apart headlight trim and do the tabs break easily?

Sent from my SM-G925V

OMG! Someone stole more parts off my truck! Finally after dragging my feet for a couple weeks and waiting on the shop. She's getting her beauty make up this week while I'm on my bachelor party vacation.

25cb8ff1f62f0b41975899d770c94883.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Someone stole my bolts!

88b2f30fae680143befe6a17cfcaf991.jpg

Dude that's messed up!!! I can't believe someone jacked your bolts off your wheels! Still looking way forward to seeing this thing done tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude that's messed up!!! I can't believe someone jacked your bolts off your wheels! Still looking way forward to seeing this thing done tho

Oh I was just kidding! I spent about 20 minutes removing 80 little bolts. It'll be even more fun putting them all back in. I'll have to be very gentle so I don't mess up the paint.

Oh I was just kidding! I spent about 20 minutes removing 80 little bolts. It'll be even more fun putting them all back in. I'll have to be very gentle so I don't mess up the paint.

Oh haha my bad [emoji85] I'm retarded I was just flipping through posts real quick. Anyway lol I don't envy you having to put all those little shits back in but I'm stoked to see this project come together

• Like 1

Took the side steps off. Was going to wait until I bought the Amp steps, but the lines really are cleaner without the stock ones.

0f9e74199888f59f2a66bcf5fb38e9b8.jpg

deb7548777a86e0030993c92d7002b75.jpg

b8bfc2bc9d96d90acc4fbd158ec0de1a.jpg

d2340bb67805fd270d1e1d34b8cbc331.jpg pretty darn close!!

• Like 1

Yup! Got some loctite on deck.

If you notice I made sure you saw to get red. Blue is to stop fasteners from walking out, but you're still able to break the blue thread locker if you need too which it most. With red they would probably need an impact driver to get the bolts out.

It's just sad that they'd steal those little cheap bolts. Honestly if you're going to take the time to do it then steal the actual rims lol. But, it makes me think of a piece that I think someone could have stolen off my truck. If you look at the windshield wiper arms, the little cover that covers the mounting but to mount the arm to the shaft was missing on one of them. I don't remember it flying off because it's a big enough piece where I would have seen it. So either someone stole it or it was missing from the truck for God knows how long. Luckily it was just a $5 cover and snapped right on.

Edited by SouthernSilveradoGuy85
  • Like 1