What have you done to your K2 today?

well...you guys did it. fully scared me away from the RC 7.5" lift lol.

returned that today ha

luckily i never opened it/installed.

mcgaughys 7-9 ordered instead

Well done!!

-tapa

• Like 1

Nice I think the 8 inch setting with add a leaf for better payload and maintaining rake is the best setup but going 9inch or 8 level is pretty badass too.

the track width increase on the 7.5" rc really did me in. no shot im going to spend all this money on new wheels and tires and the lift i want and NOW need spacers to the get the rears matching the fronts

Installed 2016 LTZ Tail Lights on my 2016 LT truck! 25c05302f61333599fa30faa683044fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well...now i know my next mod lol. completely forgot the LTZ's got different tails

• Like 1

the track width increase on the 7.5" rc really did me in. no shot im going to spend all this money on new wheels and tires and the lift i want and NOW need spacers to the get the rears matching the fronts

well...now i know my next mod lol. completely forgot the LTZ's got different tails

I am not a professional but have been told one should never use spacers in place of an honest offset. The rear tires do stick out less which is normal because the axel is shorter by design on all trucks. Your best option for getting them to match (which is not needed) is to use a wider offset on the rear than in the front.

I am not a professional but have been told one should never use spacers in place of an honest offset. The rear tires do stick out less which is normal because the axel is shorter by design on all trucks. Your best option for getting them to match (which is not needed) is to use a wider offset on the rear than in the front.

exactly yup. i agree with you there.

from MCG website, keeping the truck at 8" will keep the front track width increase to a minimum and wont be too noticeable with my -24 offsets. (i hope)

i did do the add a leaf so i can keep the truck level at 9" like they suggest, however, with this setup it'll increase the tw the most. even at 9" though, tw still wont be affected as much as the rcx wouldve at 7.5....i made the right choice returning that damn thing

Edited by jerseytaylor
  • Like 1

When you do this, if you don't already know, Gen5DIY has a harness that'll adapt to your 2014/2015 with the resistors wired inline. Since my truck is a 2016, the connectors are the same for me but still bought the harness so I didn't have to tap into the existing harness wires.

11ff91f5ffb8b67110026309d8a1d810.jpg

• Like 1

When you do this, if you don't already know, Gen5DIY has a harness that'll adapt to your 2014/2015 with the resistors wired inline. Since my truck is a 2016, the connectors are the same for me but still bought the harness so I didn't have to tap into the existing harness wires.

11ff91f5ffb8b67110026309d8a1d810.jpg

do you have any insight with the 2016-17 led tails? or is that a whole other beast..

i suck at wiring chit up lol

The harnesses for the 16/17 tail lights are different between the LED and Halogen. On the tail light side, one 4 pin connector drives the brake, and signal. Then the traditional socket for the reverse.

On the other end, (that plugs underneath by the spare tire), that connector is the same between the two. The harness that Gen5DIY provides makes it plug and play. You just need to mount the resistor. I am good at wiring but didn't want to spend the time to figure out which wires to split into. I really don't like to splice into an existing harness, especially when there was a chance for a dealer BCM program to correct hyper flash. Since a reprogram was a no go, I kept the harness and plugged them in inline.

Edited by pgamboa

The harnesses for the 16/17 tail lights are different between the LED and Halogen. On the tail light side, one 4 pin connector drives the brake, and signal. Then the traditional socket for the reverse.

On the other end, (that plugs underneath by the spare tire), that connector is the same between the two. The harness that Gen5DIY provides makes it plug and play. You just need to mount the resistor. I am good at wiring but didn't want to spend the time to figure out which wires to split into. I really don't like to splice into an existing harness, especially when there was a chance for a dealer BCM program to correct hyper flash. Since a reprogram was a no go, I kept the harness and plugged them in inline.

so that Gen5DIY harness goes from the existing harness by the spare tire to the taillights?

so that Gen5DIY harness goes from the existing harness by the spare tire to the taillights?

Yep. When I bought the tail lights, it came with the harness already. This harnesses plugged up underneath. However, since I had no resistors, they hyperflashed. Gen5DIY makes two types of harnesses. One for 14/15 trucks - that adapts the 16 harness into the 14/15 connector underneath (with resistors pre-wired in line) and one for the 16 trucks with the resistor pre-wired.

Edited by pgamboa

do you have any insight with the 2016-17 led tails? or is that a whole other beast..

i suck at wiring chit up lol

There is only 16-17 LED options. Was no LED in 2015 or previous years.

It is just one beast.

You can also check out Spyder lights for direct after market replacement. I would review their products as excellent quality and a much better price since they are not 'OEM Marked up'. I am running the Sierra version of both their head lights and tail lights they are plug and play but I am running a GEN5DIY harness on the headlights to enable LED strip only DRLS. Gen5 stuff is great and Jarrod is a modern day wizard.

http://www.spyderauto.com/product_list.php?car_make=Chevrolet&car_model=Silverado&car_year=2015&cat=Tail%20Light

Edited by Alpine Truck Life