Wood grain...

Personally I do not care for the woodgrain at all. But as stated with a 6.2 and max tow that is the only way they are built on the Silverado. My dealer has ordered up the "reverse tartan" door inserts that come on the LTZ Z71 to swap out once my truck gets here. I ordered mine with a bench seat so I don't have to worry about the trim on the center console.

Craig

I never understood the whole wood grain thing.... If I had the money to order a truck like that I'd want a carbon fiber or brushed nickel look personally heck even the darker wood wouldn't look half bad.

While I like the wood grain door inserts in my Sierra; it doesn't match anything else in the truck. I agree with your statement and would rather have something else. The trim in my Sierra is the brushed aluminum. It has brushed aluminum around the radio and on the steering wheel. Why not have brushed aluminum door inserts to match the rest of the trim? Oh well I guss. lol

• Like 1

I really didn't like the wood grain on the SLTs at all when I was looking, and I planned to swap out with an AT (carbon fiber) after delivery. But I ordered a Denali instead of the SLT and the dark wood (nearly black) looks much better than in the SLT. I have no complaints and don't plan on swapping out.

• Like 2

Personally I do not care for the woodgrain at all. But as stated with a 6.2 and max tow that is the only way they are built on the Silverado. My dealer has ordered up the "reverse tartan" door inserts that come on the LTZ Z71 to swap out once my truck gets here. I ordered mine with a bench seat so I don't have to worry about the trim on the center console.

Craig

How much are they charging you for the door inserts??

How much are they charging you for the door inserts??

I am not really sure yet. I am leasing it and my salesman is a buddy of mine so it will work out. I can buy them wholesale (I own an auto repair shop and buy about 8-10K in parts per year from the dealer I am buying my truck from) for about $45 for each door. The MSRP is about $60 per door. They also just snap in so if they hit me for any significant labor I will be upset. If I see more than a $250 charge I would be suprised/pissed.

If you have the buckets/console the center trim is more expensive. The MSRP is like $245 if I recall correctly, I don't remember the wholesale cost as it doesn't apply to my truck.

There are about 4 different insert "colors" depending on model I am going with the "reverse tartan" from the Z71 that sort of matches the dash aluminum trim. If I remember correctly it may have a grain to it which resembles a light colored carbon fiber.

I am not really sure yet. I am leasing it and my salesman is a buddy of mine so it will work out. I can buy them wholesale (I own an auto repair shop and buy about 8-10K in parts per year from the dealer I am buying my truck from) for about $45 for each door. The MSRP is about $60 per door. They also just snap in so if they hit me for any significant labor I will be upset. If I see more than a $250 charge I would be suprised/pissed.

If you have the buckets/console the center trim is more expensive. The MSRP is like $245 if I recall correctly, I don't remember the wholesale cost as it doesn't apply to my truck.

There are about 4 different insert "colors" depending on model I am going with the "reverse tartan" from the Z71 that sort of matches the dash aluminum trim. If I remember correctly it may have a grain to it which resembles a light colored carbon fiber.

Nice! I should be able to get them discounted as well. Thx for the info!

• 1 year later...

I have an SLT with black leather and a medium dark wood grain. It looks stupid. My wife's Jeep has a black wood insert. That is what I would like. I guess I'll have to research it a little bit more. I just don't understand why they didn't go with the aluminum in the doors like around the radio.

If anyone has any photos that would be great.