Double cab and car seats

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my 2.5 year old in my double cab. I put him in the middle and all is great. A crew cab would be better but the double cab is fine. Depends on how tall your passenger is will depend on cab size. I've tested out my truck and I can move the front passenger seat up a good bit. I can fit comfortably up front and also in the back...I'm 6'1".

If you are looking to buy the price difference is small versus the extra space of a Crew Cab. I use to have a double cab Tundra and as my kids transitioned from rear facing to forward facing seats and their legs got longer it made things tight back there. Crew Cab will serve you well for the long haul and sell faster down the road. Just something to consider.

Won's statements can paint with a broad stroke. :lol:

The cooled seats, if you have them vent to the back where it might bother rear passengers. I also know on some of the trucks there is no center rear headrest which depending on the type of kid seat or the size of the child may be a problem. Before I moved I had my friends son in the back of my 2011 and with the angle the conventional car seat put him at he didn't get much legroom but the booster seat he was in later eliminated that as it kept him sitting a little less inclined. The new trucks have about the same space I understand but the small rear doors may make loading a kid tricky. Mine are of course reverse hinged so you have all the room in the world provided you have someplace to park where the doors can open fully.

I have to disagree with Won...i have two front facing car seats for a 4 yr old and 2 year old with heated/cooled seats.....both kids fit fine with plenty of room and comfort to boot. No issues with heat on our -11 degree day from the kiddos in the back seat. With all the snow we've had the past 2 weeks, we've been taking my truck everywhere opposed to our 2011 Toyota Sienna. No complaints from kids or wife on comfort or space. The 2014 Silverado in Crew Cab config is a great family vehicle; especially if you like the versatility of having a truck.

If you have a kid to haul you are looking at the wrong vehicle. The 2014 GM trucks are not kid/family friendly. Other choices out there fit the bill better.

Uh? We have a 2012 GMC Sierra Crew and haul 3 granddaughters around all in various stages of booster and car seats. (range in age of 8-3).

When I sat in the back of the 2014 Silverado Double Cab is was smaller than a crew but still certainly provided enough room for small kids.

Not sure what the logic behind your statement is unless you know something about safety that the rest of don't?

I have 3 small kids - 8 months, and 5 year old twins. I came from a 1996 Extended Cab (no rear doors) and that was tight for everybody. My twins are still in forward facing car seats (not boosters) and they were starting to get cramped in the back. Both forward seats had to be slightly more forward than we usually liked, but not too much. This is why I went to a crew cab - more room and full doors. I suspect that boosters would make things better for the little ones and space, but we're keeping them in the forward facing car seats as long as possible. I don't know how a 1996 EC compares to a 2014 DC, but I bet you can make it work.

What's the price difference betweena DC and a CC? Like $400 on a $40k vehicle? That's 1%.

Ignore Won. He's one of the resident "GM sucks" car "experts". He has nothing positive to say and bashes everything GM does.

It really depends on your bottom $ a month. Both will work. I wish I could've gotten a crew cab but my double cab was an early build and the difference was $45 a month...too much for me to justify.

I've come to like Won in a "there he goes again" type of way but he's dead wrong here. I had two 6-5 buddies in the back of my crew cab a couple of weeks ago for a couple of hours and both of them were raving about the room, calling it as comfortable as a lincoln town car.

And I'm almost 6-1, so my seat was pretty far back and dude behind me had tons of room. No reason for anyone to worry about car seats. Get the crew cab if you have any doubts.

I will have about $26k cash, to put on a new truck after I sell my Trans Am and if I can get an OTD price on an LTZ crew cab of $46k, that leaves me with financing $20k still...I have a mortgage payment and my gf is still in school at the moment so money is tight and definitely cant afford much of a payment at all...thats why im looking at cutting out anything I can to save in the end...

And my son is in a booster seat now, he is 4years 2 months

Archived