Spray-on Bed Liner - Factory Option?

anyone know if there is a factory option for a spray-on bed liner? been searching dealer inventories and came across a window sticker that had it: "Bed Liner, Spray-on, Pickup box bed liner $475.00", but when I build a '14 Silverado, I can't find it ... going to a dealer on Monday, so I should find out for sure then ... thanks!

GM Corp does not off a spray liner... on crew cabs. (my mistake newdude... I've never tried to build anything online except 1500 crew cabs)

Dealers may also offer the liners themselves. If so, they often have a deal with a local 3rd party vendor and send them out to be done.

The stealership i bought mine from does in house Rhino Liner. Not sure if its the same for yours. Im opting for linex though. Its a bit cheaper, as its not inflated by GM. I avoid buying anything aside from the vehicle from the dealer.

GM Corp does not off a spray liner.

Dealers may offer the liners themselves. If so, they often have a deal with a local 3rd party vendor and send them out to be done.

GM in fact DOES offer a factory spray in bedliner. From the order guide:

CGN: Bed Liner, Spray-on, Pickup box bed liner consisting of high pressure, chemically bonded, sprayed-on polyurea & polyurethane liner formulation. Liner is permanently bonded to the truck bed providing a water tight seal. The textured, non-skid surface is black in color and robotically applied to yield consistent 90 mil floor and tailgate thickness along with 50 mil box sidewall thickness. Spray-on liner covers entire bed interior surface below side rails, including tailgate, front box top rail, gage hole plugs and lower tie down loops.

All 2500hd trucks can get this option and 1500 regular cab and double cabs can get this option. $475 appears to be list price for the option.

i couldn't get the window sticker to display again (vehicle is in transit to dealer), but it is listed as an option: Options

• 2LZ PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP includes standard equipment (2LZ)
  • SEATS, FRONT FULL-FEATURE LEATHER-APPOINTED BUCKET WITH (KA1) HEATED SEAT CUSHIONS AND SEAT BACKS includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, including 2-way power lumbar control, 2-position driver memory, adjustable head restraints, (D07) floor console and storage pockets (AN3)
  • BED LINER, SPRAY-ON, PICKUP BOX BED LINER consisting of high pressure, chemically bonded, sprayed-on polyurea & polyurethane liner formulation. Liner is permanently bonded to the truck bed providing a water tight seal. The textured, non-skid surface is black in color and robotically applied to yield consistent 90 mil floor and tailgate thickness along with 50 mil box sidewall thickness. Spray-on liner covers entire bed interior surface below side rails, including tailgate, front box top rail, gage hole plugs and lower tie down loops. (Not available with (VUK) tailgate liner, LPO, (VBN) bed rug, LPO or (VZX) bed liner, LPO. Not available with any ship thru code.) (CGN)

doesn't GMC offer this option on the Sierra?

I was at the Fort Wayne Assembly plant back in early December, they were building on then to add an area to do spray in bedliner as a factory option. Ft. Wayne only builds the 1500 double cabs and single cabs.

• 3 months later...

I bet it will be a new option on 2015 1500s. It is an option on HDs

It is already an option on the 2014 1500's, double cabs and regular cabs from Ft Wayne Assembly. Someone here posted pics of his a couple weeks back. Said it added 1 day to the build.

I had heard that it might be and option, but the dealers didn't know anything about it last year when I was looking to order. I took delivery in September.

I put a Line-X Platinum Premium Liner in a little over a week ago, and really like the way it turned out.

$475 is what Line-X is charging locally (Charleston, SC) minus a $20 coupon from the Line-X Web site (I believe that is where I got my coupon). For that price they also installed my BullRing Chevy Bullet Retractable Tie Downs. They also removed the tailgate panel and sprayed it separately so that the panel did not get permanently sprayed onto the tailgate. The 4 lower factory tie downs do get sprayed. The spray dealer told me they do many spray jobs for new truck dealers and they get charges a somewhat lower price. Maybe folks could get the truck dealer to get the spray job done locally at a slightly lower price as part of buying the truck.

I will say it is a quality bedliner. I've seen two with the factory spray on and its top notch work. My complaint is its only covered by the 3yr 36k body warranty where for the same price, you can get it sprayed and get a limited lifetime warranty.

Archived