RAM beats Chevy for first time since 99... GM's LAME Response.....

mike94silverado

To the GM Guy- AM I SUPPOSED TO CARE THAT THEIR MARKETING STRATEGY IS FROM THE "1980's"? If I can get a truck so much cheaper I will. If I can lease $200 a month less I don't care if it's slightly less than what I expect from GM... Problem is these Rams are pretty decent.... and the Lease is outstanding. GM you lose. either answe or keep quiet. I'm a GM guy but that is a LAME response to getting your butt kicked.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/04/qotd-ram-beats-chevrolet-for-the-first-time-since-1999-gm-gets-pouty/#more-785777

I still say until GM builds something to compete with the Ram Express models they will keep losing business. I can go buy a 400hp rcsb 4x4 with options for right around 30k from Ram and that same truck is 40k from GM but with 50 less HP.

I am a diehard GM guy but all this crap with the new trucks, the price tag, and all the bad press has me pretty frustrated.

My brother has the Ram, my brother in law and his wife have two Toyotas, all cant believe how quiet and smooth my GMC is. Seems that everyone is having recalls these days. Luck of the draw.

I still say until GM builds something to compete with the Ram Express models they will keep losing business. I can go buy a 400hp rcsb 4x4 with options for right around 30k from Ram and that same truck is 40k from GM but with 50 less HP.

I am a diehard GM guy but all this crap with the new trucks, the price tag, and all the bad press has me pretty frustrated.

same here I went to look at the express it was $269 a month lease. Went to the big horn with nav for $328 almost $500 a month for a comparable GM....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep adding stupid useless bells and whistles and recalls happen..

sent from my truck in a field

Except none of the recalls have anything to do with bells and whistles. Unless you consider a transmission cooler an extravagance. :lol:

I recently looked at pricing on a Tundra Crewmax SR5 4wd 5.7, vs a GM LT1 4wd 5.3. The Tundra was priced lower... or at least by my limited price checking. Hard to believe...

Except none of the recalls have anything to do with bells and whistles. Unless you consider a transmission cooler an extravagance. :lol:

Strap a damn fan to the side of it then.

I'm talking about all the electric fires and malfunctions I keep hearing about

sent from my truck in a field

If you can get past the bloated Camry styling and the noodle frame more power to you.

Not too sure about the "look" myself, but I'm pretty sure the Tundra will tow circles around my truck w/ the camper hooked up. Toyota also had the sense (care?) to put head restraints at every seating position w/ a shoulder strap, so I take that as a sign they care about safety over gizmos. With a family of five, and a camper... well... I'm more concerned with value/safety than whether I like it best. The F150 w/ max tow package is a good option too, but there's something about them I don't care for. I think it's that every single one for sale around here comes plastered with chrome everywhere (wheels, handles, grill, etc.), and the doors feel very light. Not a fan of that... and the Grade Tundra can be had with very humble trim, but w/ the full tow package and 5.7. The Tundra feels less solid than my current truck (sheet metal, etc.), but similar to the new GM twins imho.

That said, odds are high that I'll be driving what I have for a long time. It's been a *great* truck so far.

Edit: the real point wasn't whether the Tundra is better... it's that GM has priced their trucks such that the Tundra is now a contender for my $$. In 2008, I felt pretty strongly that GM offered the better value (especially w the overstock they had). Not today.

Archived