Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Guys quick question on the rims. 5rwill has 0 offset. If he was at +18 would that move the tire/rim out or in....and if out by how much more than 0 or the flush look?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

While i can't tell you the dimensions inward or outward (though i think it's mm IIRC) + is inward towards the wheel well. Negative offset is outward. Take a look at these -12s

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/161228-post-your-2014-wheeltire-set-up/?p=1673722

Gibson and Stroker, well done gentleman. More tire ✅ less wheel ✅ That beats those 22's and rubber bands ANYDAY.

That's why i went with 17s as well as the added benefit of tire prices. I'd have gone 16s if they would've fit, honest to God. I'm all for cheaper tires.

For those of you that moved to some aggressive heavy 33s like Toyos...what the hell did you do to remedy the loss in MPG? Lol i just cruised here in the delta (it's flat) at 45mph, was holding 17mpg. Compared to 20-24 with the stock tires. I'm thinking exhaust and tune to bring some power back. At the very least to remedy the throttle response issue. I thought the truck was somewhat sluggish with stock tires. Put these huge things on and it's very very noticeable.

Edited by 5RWill
  • Like 1

Guys quick question on the rims. 5rwill has 0 offset. If he was at +18 would that move the tire/rim out or in....and if out by how much more than 0 or the flush look?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The higher the number the more in it gets. For example a +27 will be more inwards compared to a +18. The negatives take it outwards. A zero could give you a flush look or like my case I have fuel Mavericks with a +20 offset but my tires are 33x12.5x20 which then makes it flush because the tires are so big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

For those of you that moved to some aggressive heavy 33s like Toyos...what the hell did you do to remedy the loss in MPG? Lol i just cruised here in the delta (it's flat) at 45mph, was holding 17mpg. Compared to 20-24 with the stock tires. I'm thinking exhaust and tune to bring some power back. At the very least to remedy the throttle response issue. I thought the truck was somewhat sluggish with stock tires. Put these huge things on and it's very very noticeable.

Well your mpg math will be off a little due to running a taller tire unless you recalibrate your speedo and

hell if you adjust that you might as well go ahead and get a tune. That won't really help though because you won't be able to keep your foot out of it. I just took off a set of LT285/65/18's and swapped for a set of LT 275/70's and that helped a little, plus the 285's were Nitto Trail Grapplers and they rode like shit. Felt like riding on tank tracks felt really heavy. Now I'm running Cooper AT3's and they feel like p rated tires. Plus they're a little narrower so there is less rolling resistance. And my lazy butt can still drive thru the auto car wash. These tires aren't as sexy as the Nittos but at least it doesn't sound like my dash is going to fall apart. My phone is playing dumb tonight and I can't post pics for some reason but you can go to my profile and check out a few post back. There should be some pics where I compared the two tires.

As for throttle response, try driving in M5 or M7 if you have 8 speed unless you're on the interstate and use tow haul mode and the truck will feel better but that won't really help your mpg. You should see my mpg. I'm lucky to get 9 mpg right now because I just switched back to E85 plus I have a 2.5 level and removed the lower air dam/valence.

Get yourself a Blackbear tune. You will kick yourself for not doing it on day one. Worth every penny. And if you buy an Autocal you can have a few different tunes. One for performance, one for fuel savings or whatever you like.

I'm planning a blackbear tune + Borla XR1 at the moment. Probably sooner than later at this point. I'll find a decent muffler shop to get what i want done, put the exhaust on and then get the tune.

I just took off a set of LT285/65/18's and swapped for a set of LT 275/70's and that helped a little, plus the 285's were Nitto Trail Grapplers and they rode like shit. Felt like riding on tank tracks felt really heavy. Now I'm running Cooper AT3's and they feel like p rated tires. Plus they're a little narrower so there is less rolling resistance. And my lazy butt can still drive thru the auto car wash. These tires aren't as sexy as the Nittos but at least it doesn't sound like my dash is going to fall apart. My phone is playing dumb tonight and I can't post pics for some reason but you can go to my profile and check out a few post back. There should be some pics where I compared the two tires.

Here are the pics of both tires for comparison

Tire Fitment

While i can't tell you the dimensions inward or outward (though i think it's mm IIRC) + is inward towards the wheel well. Negative offset is outward. Take a look at these -12s

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/161228-post-your-2014-wheeltire-set-up/?p=1673722

That's why i went with 17s as well as the added benefit of tire prices. I'd have gone 16s if they would've fit, honest to God. I'm all for cheaper tires.

Mine was pretty sluggish when i first got my larger/heavier tires. Then I installed the intake and exhaust and that helped bring back some power. You may disconnect/reconnect the battery to start the relearn process and get an exhaust put on. That helped me regain that loss and then some. Mine didn't lose much, just had to learn how the truck was responding with the heavier/larger tires. Mine just keeps getting better too, at least it feels that way. Then ABSOLUTELY TUNE IT. That's my next step. hopefully soon.

Posted a few months ago. I'll post again since I am so happy with this thing.

Fuel Maverick 20x10 -20 offset

305/55R20 BFG KO2

3" maxtrac level on front / stock on back

*Slight rubbing when reverse at full lock.

A0E062F6-6111-42F5-A799-E55A82278614_zps

F8B0977B-B8CF-4693-A9F6-240F44804765_zps

60C9F968-7BE1-4B52-BC3A-448921CE3E0C_zps

• Like 7