the first person to get an Edelbrock SC on a 6.2!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I'll bet it'll be a fun ride! Any plans for headers, etc?

nope not for now, I think to keep the warranty I need to keep the tune. ill ask if they think headers can be added without any reprogramming. if its a simple bolt on I may entertain that. but frankly I think the truck will be plenty fast for my weekend toy.

I don't know.. seems like you could do a program, intake,etc, for a lot cheaper and faster ....if you haven't done it already. You wont get 150 HP.. but a nice bump. And you will likely keep your warranty. Regardless of what they say.. that warranty is toast with a supercharger.

I don't know who told you this, but once you tune the ECM/TCM you technically void the entire powertrain warranty on the truck. So either way you are voiding the warranty, in your case you have no warranty, in the OP case he has the warranty from the supercharger to fall back on and a lot more power to boot.

Noticed I said you would "likely" keep your warranty. Most claim they have no issues with the things noted. Personally, I wouldn't roll the dice with any of these mods.. my dealers all suck around here and WOULD find any reason not to warranty. If I want speed, I'll buy a Vette.

Apparently you guys didn't fully read my original post, the fact is I'm buying edelbrocks 5 year 100k drive train warranty. Essentially this replaces the gm warranty that will be lost. It covers up to 14k engine, 2500k trans and 1500 on the rear end and diff.

Having talked to EB they tell me they do extensive research in their tune, it takes about 2 weeks, they put a couple hundred miles on and even tow with the truck to determine everything is safe. They also tune conservative.

I was happy to hear they also don't tune pig rich and they build an entirely new table from idle to WOT using enough fuel to make the power but not enough to waste fuel.

I feel 100% confident in their ability. After-all the end result will be posted here and believe it that a company with world known popularity they will make absolutely my report here will be 100% satisfaction. Anything else would be suicide for their supercharger line.

So call it rolling the dice if you like, don't hate or be a negative Nellie trying to find fault. I'm sure if you were getting an additional 100-150 wheel hp for next to nothing and with a warranty you would also have jumped at the chance I am taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed I said you would "likely" keep your warranty. Most claim they have no issues with the things noted. Personally, I wouldn't roll the dice with any of these mods.. my dealers all suck around here and WOULD find any reason not to warranty. If I want speed, I'll buy a Vette.

For what it's worth, I've owned a 2008 z06 and a 2012 centennial edition z06 I've been there and done that. Replaced the vettes and went back to Lexus for my DD needs. The speed was fun but worrying about it all the time with the attention it gets gets old.

I absolutely do not need a supercharger, I would like to have one, but not 9k worth bad. The price I'm paying is so stupidly low I would feel a fool to walk away from it.

As I see it, it will be more fun to drive and I'll retain mpg so really it's a win as far as I can see.

Apparently you guys didn't fully read my original post, the fact is I'm buying edelbrocks 5 year 100k drive train warranty. Essentially this replaces the gm warranty that will be lost. It covers up to 14k engine, 2500k trans and 1500 on the rear end and diff.

Having talked to EB they tell me they do extensive research in their tune, it takes about 2 weeks, they put a couple hundred miles on and even tow with the truck to determine everything is safe. They also tune conservative.

I was happy to hear they also don't tune pig rich and they build an entirely new table from idle to WOT using enough fuel to make the power but not enough to waste fuel.

I feel 100% confident in their ability. After-all the end result will be posted here and believe it that a company with world known popularity they will make absolutely my report here will be 100% satisfaction. Anything else would be suicide for their supercharger line.

So call it rolling the dice if you like, don't hate or be a negative Nellie trying to find fault. I'm sure if you were getting an additional 100-150 wheel hp for next to nothing and with a warranty you would also have jumped at the chance I am taking.

I think the boys are a little jelly of the HP man [emoji33]

I'm sure it will be a quick machine, but wonder how many issues you'll see with the transmission? And it it really is a true 150 more hp on a mild tune?? Time will tell I guess, but I said it before I say it again I don't think the 6.2 trucks are capable of 500+ RWHP with only a blower. Close, but not quite. Still be instant torque tho, be a riot to drive I bet. But seeing full potential would be more betta!!!

Ask them to throw in a real tranny too??

I think the boys are a little jelly of the HP man [emoji33]

I'm sure it will be a quick machine, but wonder how many issues you'll see with the transmission? And it it really is a true 150 more hp on a mild tune?? Time will tell I guess, but I said it before I say it again I don't think the 6.2 trucks are capable of 500+ RWHP with only a blower. Close, but not quite. Still be instant torque tho, be a riot to drive I bet. But seeing full potential would be more betta!!!

Ask them to throw in a real tranny too??

You know, your about the 3rd person I've heard say that about transmissions. Has there been issues in the past with the 6l80e I think is used in this truck? My local tuner said they have sent up to 900 go through the same trans with no issues! They say the trans is the least of my worries.

Do you know something I don't?

EB didn't seem too concerned with it.

You know, your about the 3rd person I've heard say that about transmissions. Has there been issues in the past with the 6l80e I think is used in this truck? My local tuner said they have sent up to 900 go through the same trans with no issues! They say the trans is the least of my worries.

Do you know something I don't?

EB didn't seem too concerned with it.

Be reliable and last at 900hp? Not a chance with that converter, clutches and intermediate shaft.

I know a fella puttin about 550 crank hp thru one in an off road buggy, it wasn't long before it was slippin. Which is probly around the HP you'll be hangin around. I'm sure not as hard on it tho lol, my bud is pretty rough on it. Same thing as running a big tune on a diesel with stock tranny, you can make it last 100,000 or you can make it last 1000 miles. It's all in your right foot.

I for one would be nervous, who knows though. EB makes some good stuff, are they tuning it? Does it include TCM tuning? Or just engine tuning?

Time will tell I guess, but I said it before I say it again I don't think the 6.2 trucks are capable of 500+ RWHP with only a blower. Close, but not quite.

Actually, you said you didn't think they'd crack 400 RWHP:

7-8 pounds of boost you'll be lucky to crack 400rwhp...maybe with some long tubes/cam you could reach a little over 420.

It's good to see your predictions have been revised. A couple more months and they may be in the ballpark. Because that right there was :lol: !

No, it will be interesting to see how this turns out. The E-Force wasn't the best setup for top end peak numbers for bragging on the internet on the LS's but did provide a very nice real-world useable power curve. It'll be interesting to see how they do on these engines.

Be reliable and last at 900hp? Not a chance with that converter, clutches and intermediate shaft.

I know a fella puttin about 550 crank hp thru one in an off road buggy, it wasn't long before it was slippin. Which is probly around the HP you'll be hangin around. I'm sure not as hard on it tho lol, my bud is pretty rough on it. Same thing as running a big tune on a diesel with stock tranny, you can make it last 100,000 or you can make it last 1000 miles. It's all in your right foot.

I for one would be nervous, who knows though. EB makes some good stuff, are they tuning it? Does it include TCM tuning? Or just engine tuning?

They are tuning everything, they said they will be testing the limits of the torque converter (not sure how they do that) and will only tune the TCM if it is necessary to maintain drivability or longevity. They said they will only dial the boost back if they reach that limitation or if there is a limitation in the upper rpm band.

They tell me it will be around 5.5-6 lbs of boost

It's good to see your predictions have been revised. A couple more months and they may be in the ballpark. Because that right there was :lol: !

No, it will be interesting to see how this turns out. The E-Force wasn't the best setup for top end peak numbers for bragging on the internet on the LS's but did provide a very nice real-world useable power curve. It'll be interesting to see how they do on these engines.

No no no, YOU said cam ONLY crack 500hp, which I still think is BS. I consider 420-450 close..

I said be lucky to see over 400-420 at the pavement on 7-8 lbs. which is true...

I'm talkin at the fly wheel, 7 pounds will grab you just over 500 at the flywheel. Now to the pavement?? Assuming 20% loss (probably more since it's probably 4x4) ur lucky to see 400. I never said it wouldn't, I said you would be lucky.

I really don't care about dyno numbers anyways. Show me a time slip, weight and trap speed of a fully bolted cammed 6.2. I highly doubt a blower only or cam only will take you into the 12 second range. Still be a 13 second truck.

No no no, YOU said cam ONLY crack 500hp, which I still think is BS.

No, I said with the heavier drivetrain of the trucks 480 or so should be doable, given the cammed Vettes are already in the 520 range. Give the aftermarket some time for the parts to begin trickling down and you’ll see. And that’s rear wheel—few of us pull our engines to dyno them at the flywheel so estimated flywheel numbers are pretty meaningless.

I said be lucky to see over 400-420 at the pavement on 7-8 lbs. which is true...

I'm talkin at the fly wheel, 7 pounds will grab you just over 500 at the flywheel. Now to the pavement?? Assuming 20% loss (probably more since it's probably 4x4) ur lucky to see 400. I never said it wouldn't, I said you would be lucky.

Wow. So let me get this straight—you’re going back to your original prediction? That even with a blower, the 6.2 will be lucky to crack 400 at the wheels? You realize that cammed 5.3’s are already cracking 400 and running 12’s (with no boost at all)?

I really don't care about dyno numbers anyways. Show me a time slip, weight and trap speed of a fully bolted cammed 6.2. I highly doubt a blower only or cam only will take you into the 12 second range. Still be a 13 second truck.

Again, there are cammed 5.3 trucks running in the 12's already, without even having all the bolt-ons yet. Just wait a year or so for more to become available. That's the much smaller, lower compression 5.3. You really just don't know what you're talking about regarding these engines.

Archived