2014 GMC Sierra 3.5 - 4" Lift?

You have the 4" McGaughy correct? It looks great how it sits. I think I will end up with this lift on mine.

How does it ride? Does it restrict the turn radius like most kits? If you redid your lift would you do this one again? Also what size tires are those?

Yes that is the Mcagughy 4". It rides very close to stock, I was very impressed with the ride. It does not restrict any turning radius. If I did it all over again and wanted a 4" I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Im a Mcgaughy dealer in Canada and I have sold a few 2014 4" kits with 0 complaints.

The tires are 305/55/20 mounted on 20X10's with -25mm offset. I do scrub the backside of my fender due to my offset and tires being 13" wide

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that is the Mcagughy 4". It rides very close to stock, I was very impressed with the ride. It does not restrict any turning radius. If I did it all over again and wanted a 4" I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Im a Mcgaughy dealer in Canada and I have sold a few 2014 4" kits with 0 complaints.

The tires are 305/55/20 mounted on 20X10's with -25mm offset. I do scrub the backside of my fender due to my offset and tires being 13" wide

Awesome! Thanks for the info man. I'm looking to do that one because I have heard nothing but good things about it and it has a really great price at just under $1,000 for the kit. I'm looking to put 295/60/20 tires on a 20x9 0 offset. Shouldn't get too much rubbing but I know there will be some. Also does it widen the front track width? I have heard it doesn't but want to find out from someone running the kit

Awesome! Thanks for the info man. I'm looking to do that one because I have heard nothing but good things about it and it has a really great price at just under $1,000 for the kit. I'm looking to put 295/60/20 tires on a 20x9 0 offset. Shouldn't get too much rubbing but I know there will be some. Also does it widen the front track width? I have heard it doesn't but want to find out from someone running the kit

Nope it doesn't widen the track width at all..you will have to run 1/2" wheel spacers up front the stop your tires from rubbing the UCA's at full lock with no offset wheels. I'm running 20X9 0 offset rockstar 2's with 275/55/20 Toyos for winter and rubbed them at full lock but 1/2" wheel spacers fixed the problem

Nope it doesn't widen the track width at all..you will have to run 1/2" wheel spacers up front the stop your tires from rubbing the UCA's at full lock with no offset wheels. I'm running 20X9 0 offset rockstar 2's with 275/55/20 Toyos for winter and rubbed them at full lock but 1/2" wheel spacers fixed the problem

Oh wow. Thanks for that info! Of the 2-3 times I've talked to Mcgaughy with different rims and wheel options they never mentioned that for the 0 offset rim.

Oh wow. Thanks for that info! Of the 2-3 times I've talked to Mcgaughy with different rims and wheel options they never mentioned that for the 0 offset rim.

I believe its due to the way the control arms are built to clear the struts..I never would have probably noticed other than I had my UCA's powdercoated to colour match and was pissed when It came back from alignment and I noticed I had a spot on each arm with the powder rubbed off..thought it was GM that did it until I realized my tires were rubbing (borrowed 305/55/20's on rockstars with 0 offset for my alignment while my new wheels were getting mounted)

I assume you used 1/2" slide on spacers? With that much width/offset/tire weight I'd be extremely nervous about the little amount of engaged threads on those lugs with 1/2" slide on spacers. 1/4" spacers had plenty of thread for me, I tried 5/16" and it was about all I was willing to feel comfortable with...

I assume you used 1/2" slide on spacers? With that much width/offset/tire weight I'd be extremely nervous about the little amount of engaged threads on those lugs with 1/2" slide on spacers. 1/4" spacers had plenty of thread for me, I tried 5/16" and it was about all I was willing to feel comfortable with...

True ^^ I forgot about that. What about going with a 7/8th spacer? I know ready lift makes one that is a bolt on and not a slide on. Better idea or no?

I've run several bolt-on spacers with success. Here are the issues I foresee...I personally (and everybody is entitled to their opinion) would not run 1/2" slide on spacers, especially with that aggressive of a tire/wheel combo. So you are limited to 5/16" slide on or bolt-on.

With bolt-ons you have to go at least 1.5" in order to not have to cut down the studs (depending on the backside of the wheel of course). So if you were to go 7/8th you would be cutting most of your studs off which I personally would not suggest

I've run several bolt-on spacers with success. Here are the issues I foresee...I personally (and everybody is entitled to their opinion) would not run 1/2" slide on spacers, especially with that aggressive of a tire/wheel combo. So you are limited to 5/16" slide on or bolt-on.

With bolt-ons you have to go at least 1.5" in order to not have to cut down the studs (depending on the backside of the wheel of course). So if you were to go 7/8th you would be cutting most of your studs off which I personally would not suggest

So what would your recommendation be? I do not want to cut anything that I do not have to and that could cause trouble down the road. I don't want there to be any issues, or at least as little as possible issues.

I also do not want any rubbing. I don't mind trimming the fender.

EDIT: I know I will end up doing a fair amount of trimming anyway. I plan to put either 295/60/20 tires or 295/65/20.

So what would your recommendation be? I do not want to cut anything that I do not have to and that could cause trouble down the road. I don't want there to be any issues, or at least as little as possible issues.

I also do not want any rubbing. I don't mind trimming the fender.

EDIT: I know I will end up doing a fair amount of trimming anyway. I plan to put either 295/60/20 tires or 295/65/20.

To be honest if you are set on the 4" mcgaughy lift and those wheels/tires you are in a bit of a pickle. With those wheels/tires slide on spacers are out of the question. 1.5" spacers on top of 20x9 0 offset and that size tire will rub like crazy on 4"s of lift. Really no option IMO with the setup in question.

Not trying to sway you off the full 4" suspension lift, but I got my 4"s from a 2.5" level ($60) and 1.5" Body Lift ($180) and don't have to worry about your issues above. Plus I can go back to stock if need be (lots of work sure) but with the 4" suspension you have to cut up the CA mounts and stuff and to the best of my knowledge you cannot go back to stock without extensive frame / mount welding which did not appeal to me

To be honest if you are set on the 4" mcgaughy lift and those wheels/tires you are in a bit of a pickle. With those wheels/tires slide on spacers are out of the question. 1.5" spacers on top of 20x9 0 offset and that size tire will rub like crazy on 4"s of lift. Really no option IMO with the setup in question.

Not trying to sway you off the full 4" suspension lift, but I got my 4"s from a 2.5" level ($60) and 1.5" Body Lift ($180) and don't have to worry about your issues above. Plus I can go back to stock if need be (lots of work sure) but with the 4" suspension you have to cut up the CA mounts and stuff and to the best of my knowledge you cannot go back to stock without extensive frame / mount welding which did not appeal to me

I would much rather a 4" suspension lift to avoid having spaces form between the trailer hitch and the bumper, also are the body lift picks noticeable from the side in the rear wheel well? I could always hide that by putting some black strips of aluminum to hide the pucks and the gap.

I have considered going with a 1.5" body lift ontop of my 2" level kit (want to keep it actually level) but these are the reasons I have not gone with it already. Although it would be a fair amount cheaper.

EDIT (once again) : if a body lift is the only way I can achieve the lift, tire, and wheel combo that I want, then i guess i can learn to live with the gap in the hitch and bumper (my OCD is what will make that so difficult to get over) or I could look into possibly getting it moved up so that it could look just like it did stock.

And later on I could remove my level kit and go with a taller lift. Or would I still run into the same issues with a taller lift? Say a 5" Rough Country.

I would much rather a 4" suspension lift to avoid having spaces form between the trailer hitch and the bumper, also are the body lift picks noticeable from the side in the rear wheel well? I could always hide that by putting some black strips of aluminum to hide the pucks and the gap.

I have considered going with a 1.5" body lift ontop of my 2" level kit (want to keep it actually level) but these are the reasons I have not gone with it already. Although it would be a fair amount cheaper.

The spacers between the trailer hitch / bumper and from the side are not noticable on a 1.5" body lift. Yeah on true 3" BL the gaps can get ugly but the 1.5" is practically unnoticable.

4" with 2.5" level and 1.5" body (photoshopped grill though)

NewGrillIdea_zps0def7c16.jpg

I recently took mine down to 3.5" (2" level, 1.5" body, 1" block in back vs 1.25" stock block)

newpichdr_zps7b78c0a5.jpg

this is with the body lift, can't barely tell (in this specific pic you just kinda notice the stickers on the frame more)

20140321_172117_RichtoneHDR_zpskneqfo8m.

20140324_174704_RichtoneHDR_zps7089ee46.

Archived