Black bear tune

Ecm hardware is different from gas to diesel. There is no immediate red flag shown when equipment is plugged in, there is nothing at all apparent to the tech.

The most important aspect is any aftermarket modification rests with the Magnusson moss act. Gm must PROVE that your modification caused a failure. If you disagree with their assessment that a tune was to blame, then they will suggest taking it up with the BBB who will arbitrate the case. This is outlined in the owners manual. To date, we have encountered only one individual that had issues and his resulted after a called vvt cam phaser. Gm tried to blame the tune, we explained to the customer how the cam phaser worked and what changes we had our had not made and in the end, gm lost. It is not as cut and dry and as many make it seem.

You have PM

Do you think the programming is different from gas to diesel? Nope. Just different calibrations. GM CAN TELL. 60 seconds with scan tool, ecm calibration will show unknown calibration, which means aftermarket. All depends what happens and if they would pursue it. That being said, my truck is tuned and I would do it again.

True the computer settings and calibrations may be the same and detectable. What I was getting at with respect to the diesel is it's kinda of hard to bring a truck in for a blown turbo or transmission and not see that it may have been caused by a programmer. I only tuned my 2009 to get rid of the throttle lag and turn off AFM. I did not race with it or tow a large trailer. It was basically for drive ability.

I'm debating on just going with a Diablo hand held tuner.. Just seems to be easier than going thru everything required with bb. All the emailing and whatnot could get annoying IMO. I'm not doing any other mods just a simple mild tune would work for me. Seems like a custom tune is more beneficial when you have other supporting mods to go along with it. I'm prolly wrong lol.. Anyone chime in on the Diablo? Personal experience with it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm debating on just going with a Diablo hand held tuner.. Just seems to be easier than going thru everything required with bb. All the emailing and whatnot could get annoying IMO. I'm not doing any other mods just a simple mild tune would work for me. Seems like a custom tune is more beneficial when you have other supporting mods to go along with it. I'm prolly wrong lol.. Anyone chime in on the Diablo? Personal experience with it? Thanks.

I used a Diablo on my trailblazer SS, lots of nannies on that truck. It made a big improvement most on the transmission. I never used custom so I cant compare. Ive used most of the name brands they worked as advertised. I have Hyperteck in my 14 happy with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to play the dumb new guy and ask which Black Bear tuner is the best for our trucks? 5.3l here...

There is only 1 Blackbear not sure what you are asking

Ryan

I'm going to play the dumb new guy and ask which Black Bear tuner is the best for our trucks? 5.3l here...

Here you go. I had the autocal in the bottom right corner. It allows you to record data, change tunes, reset codes and lots more.

http://store.blackbearperformance.com/Tuning-and-Software_c_24.html

I have used Diablo on my two previous trucks with good results. I find it very user freindly and for the price it does quite a few things. I now use it on my 2014 6.2L and the premium tune does wake the truck up and just makes the drivability much better. Is it a race truck no, but I'm just looking for some more overall performance. Matched with a MIT when out and Borla exhaust a nice compliment. I have no doubt that a true custom tune such as BB would be better overall but I cant compain about a Diable for the price and functionality. They have good customer service and have been tuning GM trucks for some time.

Archived