2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

Depends on the Year and Size - LD/1500 or HD/2500, also assuming it came with DL3 Mirrors and A45 (really need to photo of the glove box RPO List. Need to know if Chevy or GMC - Since you said High Country, I presume Silverado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So with a customized DL8 to DL3 harness, will these trailer mirrors now work on my LT? Or are there more wires needed?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cargo and clearance for the tow.

Tow uses some of the same wires on the DL3 but doesn't have those options. Puddle lamps being one. Cargo just isn't plugged up at all. This is all assuming your DL3 harness is pinned the same as OEM.

So i'd be missing the cargo light. i have full functionality of my DL3 mirrors now.

So i'd be missing the cargo light. i have full functionality of my DL3 mirrors now.

As it stands - If you have a DL8 Stock Harness that was modified by yourself or purchased by me for the purposes of using it on a DL3 Mirror, it would be pinned such that you would have Turn Signal, Puddle Lamp...If you purchase my DIY Kit or PnP Harness, would have Auto Dim circuits.

Since the Puddle Lamp circuit on the mirror X510 connector is a share slot for Cargo, your harness won't "work" as intended for Cargo/Courtesy, and won't be pinned right for Park/Running lamp circuits.

If you use the harness as is on a Towing Mirror, the Cargo light will light up but will act as a puddle lamp, meaning it will only turn on at night or whenever the ambient light sensor (black dome on dash) is covered. To have proper functionality, you have to unpin the Puddle lamp circuit from the X500 Connector and repin to the correct slot for the Cargo Lamp circuit.

In addition, the Park Lamp slot on the X510 connector is shared with one of the Auto Dim Circuits. So you'll also have to unpin that circuit on the X500 connector and relocate to the right slot for the Park/Running Lamp circuit.

Hope this helps.

I have a 2015 2500HD LT manufactured 3/2015. It is a AVF minus A45 and came with DPN mirrors. The truck also had the 23171572 & 23171566 harnesses. I am switching to DSQ mirror due to garage door opening clearance. I was sold various harnesses and door switches which were promised to convert to powerfold. I spent 12 hours removing door panels, installing & uninstalling and more research. Finally, Pgamboa came to my rescue. All I needed was the correct drivers side switch. The truck was wired correctly from the plant. I put in GM# 23154702 and everything is good. A huge shout out to Pgamboa. He has done 100s of hours of research on the subject. He also has rewired harnesses to work in other situations.

This is why I started the thread. Just hit me up if you need the correct parts. Any dealership is gonna be full of sss....

I have a quick question, are the LED's on these mirrors supposed to come on automatically, or are you supposed to turn on the cargo light to have the LED's turn on? The reason I ask, is because I had a set of the towing mirrors put on by the dealership, along with the cameras. The mirrors do not fold when I shut off the truck, or when I put it in park. I have it selected on the HMI. Tonight when backing in, it was dark out, and the LED's did not turn on, when I was backing up, normally I get home during the daylight, and haven't had the mirrors installed very long, so it was my first time backing the truck up at night.

So, before I go back to the dealership, I want to make sure I have the right information. It has been a long story dealing with them, and all the issues they created for my brand new truck I had to order.

Complete information will be best, thanks...

I have a quick question, are the LED's on these mirrors supposed to come on automatically, or are you supposed to turn on the cargo light to have the LED's turn on? The reason I ask, is because I had a set of the towing mirrors put on by the dealership, along with the cameras. The mirrors do not fold when I shut off the truck, or when I put it in park. I have it selected on the HMI. Tonight when backing in, it was dark out, and the LED's did not turn on, when I was backing up, normally I get home during the daylight, and haven't had the mirrors installed very long, so it was my first time backing the truck up at night.

So, before I go back to the dealership, I want to make sure I have the right information. It has been a long story dealing with them, and all the issues they created for my brand new truck I had to order.

Complete information will be best, thanks...

When I did the simulation on my truck, the LED came on when I shifted into reverse, or I was able to turn them on/off with the Cargo Lamp switch in the Instrument Panel. Park Lamps came on when the truck came on. Since I don't own Towing Mirrors I did a simulation using (2) LEDs, 1 each wired into the door harness on the correct slots for the Cargo/Courtesy Lamp Circuit and the Park Running Lamps Circuit.

My truck is a 2016 LT 1500 using my custom harness.

The DL3 version on LTZ should be the same (according to the drawings). Unfortunately, the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit document doesn't include for 2017 trucks yet. Maybe there is an update doc that shows the retrofit plan for 2017??

Can you share the part #s on your harnesses?

Here is the video of my simulation.

https://vimeo.com/200440854

I'll try to get the harness numbers from the dealership tomorrow and post back up.

Based on the retrofit guide for 2016, if you have DL3/A45 which would most likely be LTZ/High Country, it shows needing a Memory Module Calibration.

Thanks for the info., by the time I got to the dealership, the mechanics had left at noon, I go there at 1230, more to follow...

89198148289c49eee89beaa11db689c1.pngHere is the chart to reference. Last line looks to be the equivalent to your truck.... should be the same for 2017, or at least what I'd be looking for. You have Seat Memory on yours?

Archived