Grab a 2014 or wait on a 2015"

AggieBC99

Financing is generally less than $20 per $1,000 over the average 60 month loan.

The above $200-300 is high unless you are talking about a 36 month term.

As far as buy now or wait. When the 14's are gone, the deals on the 15's will start rolling.

Cannot imagine GM or Ford for that matter not giving in on some discounts when RAM

does it to finance their market share.

Right good point and thats a good rule of thumb. For the same truck i would say your looking at anywhere from a 7-10k difference, which is 140-200 bucks more a month. If I were to buy a 15 it would be till at least christmas time. But if your looking at buying in the next 60 days its a no brainer to buy a 14

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me I'm not saying the problems will be resolved on the 15s. If I had to guess the 8 speed tranny on the 6.2s late in the model year may have an impact on the vibration problem. Not a big enough sample size on the 15s yet to even make an educated guess what the problems will be.

If GM has identifed an issue that warrant production change they will change it now, whats out the door they will catch with recalls and TSBs. If GM has figured that it doesnt affect that many models and cheaper not to change production and to fix the problem trucks via customer complaints thats what they will do. So again when your talking virtually the same truck only difference is a 4 after 1 instead of a 5, I dont think your going to see any major changes. Any uncorrected issues at the factory will remain uncorrected issues.

Its your money and not saying this disrespectfully, unless your looking at a new feature, financially speaking if there is a 14 out on the lot now that fits the bill it would be foolish not to buy it and then turn around and buy the same exact truck in a 15.

Another option is this and it might be to late, but I did this with my last ford I bought new back in 2011. I bought a 2011 late in 2011, I was actually able to order it and have it built, at the time it was actually rolling down the line the same time 12s were, and I saves thousands over buying a 12, when in reality I had a newer build date then some 12s.

^^^

yes and no, its going to depend on the time of year you try and sell or trade in. Were still in 14 and if you go to sell in say 17, and 17s are out and not 18s I dont think your talking that big of a deal. As long as your talking one model year, shape of vehicle, mileage, and options are going to matter a lot more. Also say you save 10 grand now, you really going to lose that in depreciation? Doubt it

The depreciation starts day one. You roll it off the lot you lose 6,000 to $10,000

no I got you and I have always said roll of the lot you lose automatically 10%. But roll off the lot today with a 14 and roll off next month with a 15, not so sure your going to see the depreciation loss. Plus it depends on how long you own it, 10 years from now, not going to matter. 2-3 years from now yeah your probably talking a few grand but still not enough to make up the savings.

no I got you and I have always said roll of the lot you lose automatically 10%. But roll off the lot today with a 14 and roll off next month with a 15, not so sure your going to see the depreciation loss. Plus it depends on how long you own it, 10 years from now, not going to matter. 2-3 years from now yeah your probably talking a few grand but still not enough to make up the savings.

I have to agree with you, I saved so much on my 14, when I looked it up blue book it was worth more on trade in than I paid for it.

Sale prices and incentives reflect the vehicles actual value. If you bought it on sale the vehicle's value has diminished. That much. So in reality you get what you paid for nothing more. Dealers don't want cars on their lots. As its value falls the incentives and sales go up. To move them

Sale prices and incentives reflect the vehicles actual value. If you bought it on sale the vehicle's value has diminished. That much. So in reality you get what you paid for nothing more. Dealers don't want cars on their lots. As its value falls the incentives and sales go up. To move them

Thats true. But your talking a year cycle at best. For instance you buy a 14 today for 40k out the door yeah its MSRP is 45, but like you said if dealers are selling them for that, thats what they are worth. Buy a 15 tomorrow for 45k thats whats it worth, next year less than a year from now that 15 will be sold for 40k, after that first year prices start leveling out a little bit. So your 14 a year from now might be worth say 38ish vs the 15s 40, but you also paid 4 more for it.

Really the only time your going to maybe make the depreciation a wider gap is if say one guy bought a 14 now and another 15. Within that first year if both tried dumping the trucks the 15 would probably garner a better price meaning less depreciation. At the end of the day there will be VERY little depreication difference between the two, there just wont be. Then factor in that you paid 7-10k less for the 14, you will never make them up with deprecation on a 15 you just wont. Now if your talking two model years sure. But this holds true for lots of things, thats why left overs are such a hot sale, because at the end of the day your paying less for an item thats the same(unless the new model year is a redesign. We can all go back and forth all we want. Assuming same model, same price, same mileage, etc, you can not make a 15 work out better in dollar signs, you just cant. Now if your talking only a few grand sure, it would be dumb to buy a 14. But when your talking up to 200 bucks less a month and savings in the thousands financially speaking buying a 15 is foolish it just is as long as you can find what you want in a 14.

It doesn't matter what you buy or when you buy it. If it is a car or truck and you bought it from a dealership, it is worth less (wholesale) than you paid (retail). If you think you paid wholesale for your car and you bought it from a retail store....you paid retail, lol. 99.9999% of the time. There is a rare exception, like a Ford GT, but not a pickup.

The dealer can see what you paid for the vehicle (it is part of the registration information) and they aren't going to give you more for it. Ever.

Expect a 25% loss in value per year.

I've been contemplating this very question. After my three test drives I've basically come up with a resounding wait decision. It sucks because I won't be able to get the color I want. But two of the three 2014s I've test driven in the last month have vibrated right off the lot with less than 20 miles on them.

They fixed this issue, something with the motor mount I believe. My dads truck was recalled and they fixed it making gas mileage better too. I'm surprised they didn't do it to the trucks on the lot...

Ok my head is spinning, I trade about every two years I know its stupid but I make it work. Im not real picky so I buy whatever I can get the best buy on. When I trade in Im rarely upside down unless I put a whole lot of miles on. I don't lease because I always feel like Im going to keep this one, maybe this time.

They fixed this issue, something with the motor mount I believe. My dads truck was recalled and they fixed it making gas mileage better too. I'm surprised they didn't do it to the trucks on the lot...

Really? Do you have any links or anything documenting the fix? Been following the vibration thread and haven't seen anything about recall or fix it.

That'd be awesome. I'd definitely snag a 2014 if they figured out the vibration issue.

Really? Do you have any links or anything documenting the fix? Been following the vibration thread and haven't seen anything about recall or fix it.

That'd be awesome. I'd definitely snag a 2014 if they figured out the vibration issue.

Man you been talking about buying one for about 9 months. They don't all vibrate, mine doesn't. You best deals on 14s are now, or 15s around the first of the year.

Archived