Heated steering wheel

You also need to factor in whether or not your truck has collision alert/ adaptive cruise, as that might affect wiring. I also don't know if the All Terrain wheel has different stitching (red?) or not, but that's another possible variant.

In any case, if you say "no" to both those, the wheel above would work with you. It'd match perfectly once you swap your old trim panels over. You'd do well to shop the 'bay since a new wheel will run you at least $250-270 shipped.

Thanks for the eBay link...My truck does not have the F/R collision alert {Didn't want it} but does have cruise control. Don't most have the cruise control as standard?

My truck has the SLT package and was ordered on September 26th.

Sierra Boy

That is the same as listed by GMMediumDutyMQ. This has cruise right?

Sierra Boy

That is the same as listed by GMMediumDutyMQ. This has cruise right?

Sierra Boy

Look at the ad picture. Yours should be identical except for that one important heater button and the indicator light next to it.

Look at the ad picture. Yours should be identical except for that one important heater button and the indicator light next to it.

I see the button now! Didn't notice it before...so that is where the button is. Now, If I can get my dealer to install this for me. Thanks all for the info and the links and spring

part # Wonder If I can get the spring on eBay as well? Will check today.

Sierra Boy

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to install a heated steering on a 2014 Silverado Work truck. It currently has a stock wheel with just cruise control only. If I'm reading this topic correctly I should be able to buy a heated steering wheel and a new clock spring. Of course the controls on the right side wouldn't work but that doesn't bother me. It sounds like a fairly straight swap - Am I missing anything?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great news, as I have a clockspring (p/n 22989630) on order!

Any tips as to removing the airbag?

I finally got this done today. The clock spring is needed as an extension harness for the new wheel. You will have a single wire left over down on the steering column where everything plugs up. This is the wire that needs (my guess) a 12V power source. I just literally picked the truck up so I want to make sure I can apply 12V here without damaging everything. The guy who did the install is a GM tech and I barely got the install done before the end of the day. He was just doing this as an R&R install of the clock spring and steering wheel. I will check with my GM tech tomorrow and find out what the wire needs to be connected to. Everything still works on the steering wheel (except the heat button).

So was this single wire ultimately the 12v power source wire?

Also...is all that's needed is the new wheel and the clock spring? Looking to do this swap.

Thanks

There is only one extra connection, a single wire connection. I haven't connected this yet as I live in Florida right now. I will be connecting this when I go to Ohio next month. I want to use a GM connector if possible and my buddy is a GM Master tech. Will report back when complete. Any swap will require the clock spring change unfortunately as previously listed. It has that one important extra wire down the column for the heating element for the wheel.

• Like 1

There is only one extra connection, a single wire connection. I haven't connected this yet as I live in Florida right now. I will be connecting this when I go to Ohio next month. I want to use a GM connector if possible and my buddy is a GM Master tech. Will report back when complete. Any swap will require the clock spring change unfortunately as previously listed. It has that one important extra wire down the column for the heating element for the wheel.

Great! Thanks very much.

How much is everyone spending on this upgrade? If I read everything correctly, I only need the following two parts and I should be good:

1. Steering wheel with heated wheel button (about $150)
  2. New clock spring that includes heated wheel wiring (about $150)

So for about $300 I could add a heated wheel? How hard is it to remove a steering wheel with an airbag in it?

Thanks,

Nick

• 5 weeks later...

Had any chance to follow up on the wiring? Just ordered my wheel.

Thanks,

Cal