Heated steering wheel

Trying to locate a clock spring, the number posted on this thread doesn't seem to match my truck. 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE the part #I come up with is 23193462 ; 22989630 anyone else able to confirm this?

Cheers

I went looking as well and it seems like that is the part # (23193462). It does show unavailable. Maybe it has been superseded by a different part #? The part # for me was 23381964. W/Heated, WO/Crash Alert. Doing a search with 23381964 also comes up as "parts no longer available".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've been following this for awhile., pgamboa, do you happen to have the part for the clock spring and just out of curiosity.. what you drive? Year and trim? Thanks in advance!![emoji1303]

2016 - 1500 CCSB, LT, 5.3L.

Steering Wheel Part # 23278626

Clockspring Part # 23381964

I steering wheel I found on ebay. I made sure it was Black, Heated, Leather, Without Crash Alert.

It has all the steering wheel controls for the radio, and cruise controls. The part # seems to show "no longer available" for online sources. The part # was probably superseded by a different part #. If you find a wheel with a button above the heat button, that's the crash alert button that is not available on LT models.

The clockspring, I got from cheapestgmparts for $48 + shipping.

For me, it was all Plug and Play.

Hope this helps.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 2

Do you think it was worth the money and effort for this? I know you said yours just got a little warm and not hot.

Enjoying this mod now that it's cold here. If only it came on during remote start. :)

• Like 1

Mine is installed and functional now, for the record not all will be plug and play. Depends on trim/option package. I had to wire mine into the fuse panel.

I think mine is going to be like yours, I try to ding the plug pgamboa was talking about with no luck.[emoji17] did you still purchase the clock spring and the million dollar question, where did you wired into?

• Like 1

I think mine is going to be like yours, I try to ding the plug pgamboa was talking about with no luck.[emoji17] did you still purchase the clock spring and the million dollar question, where did you wired into?

Whats your year/trim?

1dfddf5d76f5fb32f76dcf9dc2b97683.jpgThis is the extra 2 pin connector that was different in my clock spring. I'm guessing this is the Power circuit for the heat. The receiving end was wrapped in another harness bundle underneath (between the BCM and pedals) with the female connector sticking out of it. It was just the right length to reach the mate. Hope this helps.

Edited by pgamboa

Whats your year/trim?

2014 SLE had heated seats, I just cut connector off clock spring and installed a more generic connector. Wired to body ground and use a fuse tap into the heated wheel 7.5A fuse. Definitely did not have a connection in the existing harness, that requires the telescopic steering and power adjustable pedals.

• Like 1

2014 SLE had heated seats, I just cut connector off clock spring and installed a more generic connector. Wired to body ground and use a fuse tap into the heated wheel 7.5A fuse. Definitely did not have a connection in the existing harness, that requires the telescopic steering and power adjustable pedals.

Makes sense. I do have telescoping pedals and wheel. I was lucky then.

1dfddf5d76f5fb32f76dcf9dc2b97683.jpgThis is the extra 2 pin connector that was different in my clock spring. I'm guessing this is the Power circuit for the heat. The receiving end was wrapped in another harness bundle underneath (between the BCM and pedals) with the female connector sticking out of it. It was just the right length to reach the mate. Hope this helps.

So that plug and wiring was at the steering column or you had to go dig it out from down under the pedals?

Edited by bndawgs
  • Like 1

So that plug and wiring was at the steering column or you had to go dig it out from down under the pedals?

It was already there. Like my optioned truck maybe had the ability to add a heated steering wheel. When I installed the new clock spring, I noticed the extra wire loom that needed to go somewhere. Figured it had to go down into the steering column area behind the pedals. When I ran out of slack, I came across the male end of the similar connector that was peeking out of a larger harness. That's where I connected it thinking "it has to go there".

• Like 1