Heated steering wheel

Does anybody know if it possible to replace a steering wheel in a 2014 slt with one that is heated?

I was hoping it would be plug and play,

X2...

I have 2015 GMC 2500 HD SLT and I did not check that box when I ordered it.

Sierra Boy

Does anybody know if it possible to replace a steering wheel in a 2014 slt with one that is heated?

I was hoping it would be plug and play,

for sure it won't be plug and play, and probably even if it was PnP it would need a reprogrammation .

Seat warmers are blowing hot air and the steering wheel is a heated element most likely metal which gets warmer faster. The heated seats i had in my Trailblazer SS were awesome because they were a metal heated element. Personally i like my heated steering wheel. When i ordered my truck i got every option which would help resale in the future.

• Like 2

I never had a heated steering wheel and don't see to care about it. Just another thing that will give you trouble later down the road. What is the cost (material and labor) and time to put it in?

• Like 1

I wish threads like this actually yielded useful information instead of devolving into semantical debates over a particular feature. The OEM heated wheel is something I'd really love to add to my K2, so if anyone actually knows what's needed to get this mod done on my Sierra (programming aside) please let me know.

• Like 4

I wish threads like this actually yielded useful information instead of devolving into semantical debates over a particular feature. The OEM heated wheel is something I'd really love to add to my K2, so if anyone actually knows what's needed to get this mod done on my Sierra (programming aside) please let me know.

i think the point is no one knows.

• Like 1