Heated steering wheel

• 2 weeks later...

Found the plug. Staring directly forward after taking the "knee panel" off, it is taped to a loom of wires. Trying to attach a picture but having issues. It is attached to the loom from the black box with 7 plugs on it, I am assuming the BCM. If you go the third plug over that is green, and follow it up the loom, you can't miss it.

Thank you all for the help. It is working perfectly now!

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I envy you -- staring up from the green plug by BCM, and am not finding it whatsoever. Would have thought my truck would have had the plug -- there was a 7.5 amp fuse in the slot for heated steering wheel from the factory, would have assumed the loom was up there somewhere.

Anyone have a photo of what the connector looks like? Would appreciate the guidance...

Same here. Also how much does this whole change cost exactly? It would be a nice feature to have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Searching eBay or parts sites are the best way to give you that quote.

Basically, whatever it'll cost you to get a heated wheel plus the clockspring, which is now part #23381964.

I think the wheel ran me about $200; the clockspring roughly $60 shipped. While the wheel can be second hand, make sure to buy the clockspring new.

Will stress that this proved to be a bit trickier to execute than I anticipated.

Searching eBay or parts sites are the best way to give you that quote.

Basically, whatever it'll cost you to get a heated wheel plus the clockspring, which is now part #23381964.

I think the wheel ran me about $200; the clockspring roughly $60 shipped. While the wheel can be second hand, make sure to buy the clockspring new.

Will stress that this proved to be a bit trickier to execute than I anticipated.

Is that click spring also for the 2014 model? Also curious when you said tricky what was tricky?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Look at what I have listed as my driven vehicle. Yes, this clockspring is for a 2014. You can try the older part numbers, but you'll see it redirects in EPC to 23381964.

As for what was tricky - everything. Airbag removal is a PITA. SRS wiring loom is also tucked WAY up into dashboard, which itself is not as accessible as older vehicles were, even after you remove a host of panels and the gauge cluster. No connector for the heated circuit present in my SLE, meaning I had to cut and splice, and run an ATR fuse tap (itself somewhat tricky to come by) from the DS fuse block.
Lots of work, and I'm not that impressed with the heat coming out of it, if I'm honest. Maybe I will be come winter...

Air bag removal

Yeah, well aware. Only studied this forum and the GM service instructions for weeks before tackling it.

It's tricky not for a dearth of information -- it's tricky because the process itself is a PITA. Working blind, essentially, and it's far less straightforward than the GMT-900s were.

Yeah, well aware. Only studied this forum and the GM service instructions for weeks before tackling it.

It's tricky not for a dearth of information -- it's tricky because the process itself is a PITA. Working blind, essentially, and it's far less straightforward than the GMT-900s were.

Yeah, just wanted to share the procedure for the people in this thread that were asking how to do it. It is a real PITA the first time.

Found the plug. Staring directly forward after taking the "knee panel" off, it is taped to a loom of wires. Trying to attach a picture but having issues. It is attached to the loom from the black box with 7 plugs on it, I am assuming the BCM. If you go the third plug over that is green, and follow it up the loom, you can't miss it.

Thank you all for the help. It is working perfectly now!

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I envy you -- staring up from the green plug by BCM, and am not finding it whatsoever. Would have thought my truck would have had the plug -- there was a 7.5 amp fuse in the slot for heated steering wheel from the factory, would have assumed the loom was up there somewhere.

Anyone have a photo of what the connector looks like? Would appreciate the guidance...

Finally had time to do this today. All swapped out and working flawlessly. Plug was exactly where Blaake said it was. Piece of cake! Thanks Blaaake. Here's a couple pics to show you guys.

4BC1D148-9BE9-4437-8637-72B07A0D8B19_zps

5F5D30D8-8558-42A0-8561-3CBDACA7240A_zps

AE8542E4-6386-4F34-A013-684B5E14FA9B_zps

6178C223-33CC-437F-A869-2F172766F4CD_zps

BB2F3AC0-3116-4CD0-8D54-2ADA9C3FE6A0_zps

89FD8DC1-B118-4BA0-929A-7483EF21A519_zps

356D63BD-07FF-40BC-B814-C97D0315DE70_zps

A4842E44-42EF-43AD-AE27-5EDBA69A8C9B_zps

• Like 2

I have my wheel and clock spring. Just so I understand... the clock spring will have a connector that plugs into a loom under the dash by the BCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk