Installed ADD W1 Oil Catch Can

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that why a lot of people on here say that the truck uses a lot of oil, but instead it gets burned through the intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree.......maybe that is why the new ones take so much dang oil....to leave room for it disappearing......

May get a little better fuel mileage but uses more oil....kinda like robbing Peter to pay Paul.......

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 1

agree.......maybe that is why the new ones take so much dang oil....to leave room for it disappearing......

May get a little better fuel mileage but uses more oil....kinda like robbing Peter to pay Paul.......

From what I understand, these trucks take 8 qts so the oil doesn't have to circulate as often which makes it last longer. Also the oil also helps with AFM so it's used to do more than normal so the extra oil offsets that so it still last as long as it normally should. I read on here that the low oil light on these doesn't come on until it's 1 qt low than normal and I haven't had the light come on yet after 15,000 miles and getting the 2nd oil change this week. I think I'm going to start changing the oil after this time because I hate letting someone do something I've done for years even if I don't pay for it.

yup I could not of said it any better

• 4 months later...

****ing newegg? selling automotive parts? They definitely need to rethink their core competencies.

They are just the middle man for ADD (gogoautoshop). My W1 is in the mail

Edited by Willshire

How often are you guys emptying these ADD W1's? each fill up? more? less? Did anyone mod theirs beyond scotchbrite in the baffle?

Check out my post on page 8 post number 117

Check out my post on page 8 post number 117

Yeah i saw that. good idea. Even a little screen on both sides of the scrubber material would work too. Looking at the Elite can, it looks like they use a similar media to coalesce the oil vapours

Got mine installed last night, I have about 11k on my truck and my tb and intake were nowhere near as oily as some of the pics I've seen.

Anyways, as one of the other member did, I bought some key rings and ss mesh to put in there. I got 1 1/16" key rings and 1" pre cut mesh from McMaster Carr and they fit perfectly.

2C1BE1B6-6EB3-4487-93A8-278279970D10_zps

D1D7BF71-30AB-4FFE-AF2C-ADAA3450ED6A_zps

• 4 weeks later...

Installed my can last night thanks to this write up.

Bracket

Made a bracket out of 1"x1/4" Aluminum.

Mounted

Mounted to the fender bracket, and one sheet metal screw on the bottom, just to keep it from bouncing.

Lines

made the hoses a little long, so I salvaged the foam off of the old pcv line to make a pad.

Overall

Completed install.