That system is easily $500 per vehicle with the proximity entry.

For every "fix " to the issues with the key/vehicle separation issue, there are many negative effects.

It's a back alley trinket designed to take your money.

Maybe the next gen will have a chip in your butt so you can't separate the key from the vehicle

We've had/have it on our cars, it is fine but it is not a game changer in regards to me listing it as a must have.

With that, I doubt it will be easy to put in. The columns are usually different, will need BCM programming, will need some hardware. I could easily see this being a $2k upgrade in the end.

Maybe $4-500 if you where to install it on your own. It probably only costs GM $100-200 if that from the factory - it is just 1 additional module, door handles and 4-5 antennas depending on the model.

I'm with the wish it had it guys. Make it a option , easy. This would a option I would purchase. Ohh yeah and no alarm fob banging against the steering rack.

The ram has them since 2013 and the f150 now has it too.

Maybe $4-500 if you where to install it on your own. It probably only costs GM $100-200 if that from the factory - it is just 1 additional module, door handles and 4-5 antennas depending on the model.

not likely, don't forget in order to do this you will need a new steering column without the keyed cylinder in it. The passive system use a solenoid that unlocks the steering column once the system recognizes the key fob.

No way a new steering column will be in the $500 range. Sure this is cheap at the factory level, but not once the car leave the factory the mod becomes a lot more expensive. Not only that the modules will be every bit of $100+ and then don't forget the BCM programming as the dealer will not be able to do this for you. Maybe Chris White can so he would be the one to check with as well.

Maybe some of the parts from the new Yukon/Tahoe can make it easier or cheaper but I seriously doubt it will be in the $500 range at all.

Archived