Reverse Camera **UPDATE**

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 2015 Silverado Z-71 Crew Cab. Back-up camera is ok but less resolution as compared to my wife's Jeep Cherokee. It's a shame for a truck that list out for $46,000.

• Like 1

I have now added the backup camera and 8 inch screen to my truck also. I have a 2014 Silverado LT that had a 5 inch screen. As the original poster on this said the wiring was already there on the truck for the camera. There is a blank plug on it just as he said. I ended up buying a handle with the camera hole in it on ebay. I then purchased a camera GM# 22803702 and installed it. I also purchased a 8" screen on ebay GM# 23168171. There are several part#'s it appears that will work. The one I purchased had the regular silver trim. After this I purchased a custom programmed HDMI module from http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ with the 8" screen function and the camera option turned on. After installing all this everything worked just as it should. You my be able to get your current HMI Module programmed at your local dealership also. It is located behind the glove box.

• Like 2

I just use it to avoid backing into something/someone. It seems adequate for that.

I use it to get my hitch lined up with my trailer tongue and that's about it.

I find the lens gets dirty easily.

Yup. It's fairly useless in the rain too.

Purple fringe around objects and not clear. Washed both my Z71 and wife's Jeep Cherokee and the Cherokee has no purple fringe and almost 50% sharper. Going to ask the dealer to check it out.

Purple fringe around objects and not clear. Washed both my Z71 and wife's Jeep Cherokee and the Cherokee has no purple fringe and almost 50% sharper. Going to ask the dealer to check it out.

I noted this to my dealer when I was looking. At the time I had a 2012 camaro with the camera in the mirror and the image was sharp and clear. I commented that the camera looked like it had bad jpeg compression. Blurry with lines all over it. The salesman said he didn't know what I was talking about.

Fast forward to where I found a truck that WASN'T $40k.. my purchased truck was done on the agreement that they would install a camera. They said it'd go in rearview. I said ok because I was used to it there.

My camera looks just like the camaros did. Clear and sharp in the tiny screen on the rearview. Cost about $1000 to install, they tapped wires on the bcm to make it work, oe wiring under the frame and in the tailgate it looks like.

I agree with the others though, gets dirty/foggy/blurry real easy from grime and rain. Seems like the natural air effect from driving picks grime up off the road and just absolutely coats the tailgate with muck. After 1 drive in the rain the cameras blurry. I just wipe it off with my finger and carry on.

Would be interested in knowing if you can "Fix" the camera with the 2015. I would like one day to ditch the tiny 4.2" radio for an 8" but its not in the budget right now.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I have a 14 silverado z71 with the 4.2 in my link and I'm looking for a backup camera and would like it to be factory. I'm going to check underneath for a plug in, hopefully I find it. .thanks

Maybe someone linked to something like this previously. This one replaces the rear view mirror which I personally prefer the camera view to be located. It sounds like a fairly easy install. I may go with this one this summer.

http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_5_31&products_id=108

• Like 1

I purchased a used OEM camera/tailgate bezel set up on eBay for cheap, plugged it in and worked perfectly. Im quite happy with it, i love the lines and they definitely help me back up to a trailer.

Did you have to get the dealer to flash anything?