Anyone running the rough country 3.5" lift?

Hey Bigmoore, I have the 2.5" RC kit with 1" blocks in the rear and have been driving it for 10,000 trouble free KM's. I have 275-65R18 BFG's under it which is 31.6" tall and would have no problem handling 32" tires. Like said previously, the 3.5" might be pretty hard on the front end. I would add the axles would wear and break quite prematurely if lifted this high without the whole differential drop kit to keep everything to a respectable angle. The 2.5" adds a little stiffness to the ride but still very comfortable to drive and adds all the clearance I need to drive in the woods.

Thanks for the input. I figured there would be issues with the 3.5. Just wanted to get some input. I want to go with nitto trail grapplers. 32x11.5x18. Never thought this would be such a difficult thing to decide. How's your gas mileage with the level and tires? Any difference?

Thanks for the input. I figured there would be issues with the 3.5. Just wanted to get some input. I want to go with nitto trail grapplers. 32x11.5x18. Never thought this would be such a difficult thing to decide. How's your gas mileage with the level and tires? Any difference?

Ran the lift kit with stock tires for about a month before installing the tires. The lift difference in MPG is negligible. But I lost a good 2-3mpg when I installed the 10 ply heavy threaded tires.

Yes I agree with 32's a 4 inch lift isn't going to be needed, I would do a 1.75 to 2 inch level and call it a day. Bilstiens 5100 adjustables would be your best bet.

How much do those run?

Have you thought about going 2.5in. and 33's? This keeps you from completely killing your mileage and power.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/160069-my-2014-sierra-at-rc-level-and-33x1250r20-toyo-mt/

I most likely going with the 2.5" with 32s. Just to make sure there's no rub. I use a trailer alot and haul alot with my truck.

BDS is top of the line. Some have reported though that their 4" BDS sits around 5.5" so that may not be a viable option. Definitely don't go with a RC 3.5, you'll regret it. It's worth the coin for a good lift

Yeah I was just looking into that (bds 4"). I like that I can do leaf springs instead of just a block in the back. Definitely don't think I would fit with a 5.5" in my garage. Have you heard what makes it 5.5"?

Yeah I was just looking into that (bds 4"). I like that I can do leaf springs instead of just a block in the back. Definitely don't think I would fit with a 5.5" in my garage. Have you heard what makes it 5.5"?

I guess just how it's setup. This is all just hear say from the interwebs

Most lifts come up short of the promised lift and a few are taller, no lift gives the exact amount just like no two tires are the same height.

Have you thought about going 2.5in. and 33's? This keeps you from completely killing your mileage and power.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/160069-my-2014-sierra-at-rc-level-and-33x1250r20-toyo-mt/

did you have to calibrate your speedometer with that setup?

Not my truck but yes the speedo will be off a few mph, you can live with it or get a tune to fix it, I wouldn't own one of these trucks without a tune!

Yeah that's what I figured. It should be even less since I'll be running 32s. Just have to wait until my warranty ends to tune.