What do you carry for your CCW?

Since my last post in here I have added a couple new guns to the collection. My latest being a HK P30SK V3 that I carry quite often in place of my G19. Really love the feel and accuracy of the HK. I think weekend I'm going to drop off the G19 to get it cerakoted burnt bronze this weekend.

20e03b63e39fc86c1aaf98223a0d7d5e.jpg

• Like 1

Well the sccy cpx2 is fixing to be replaced. Just put a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c on lay away. Looking forward to getting it!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Is it the Shield? My buddy got one on black friday, really smooth shooting pistol, make sure to lube it up good first before you hit the range, his was basically dry

Is it the Shield? My buddy got one on black friday, really smooth shooting pistol, make sure to lube it up good first before you hit the range, his was basically dry

Nah its just the M&P compact. The shield was way to small for my big hands lol.

Nah its just the M&P compact. The shield was way to small for my big hands lol.

That Pearce grip extension definitely made my XD more comfortable to handle, they make them for all kinds of pistols. They are around $10, maybe something you may wanna check into
  • Like 1

I'm assuming concealed handgun license, I may be wrong

Looks like that is what Texas calls its carry permit. I do wish all the states would adopt one universal name. There's so many variations for the same damn thing such as CHL, CCW, CCP, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A little off topic but what's everyone's take on open carry? Texas is going to open carry at the beginning of the year.

My wife and I are getting our chl's in a few weeks but highly doubt either of us will open carry.

My thoughts on open carry is, I feel like you may get targeted first if something happens and won't have time to react. Then again it could also be a deterrent.

• Like 1

A little off topic but what's everyone's take on open carry? Texas is going to open carry at the beginning of the year.

My wife and I are getting our chl's in a few weeks but highly doubt either of us will open carry.

My thoughts on open carry is, I feel like you may get targeted first if something happens and won't have time to react. Then again it could also be a deterrent.

I'd personally rather have no one know I have a gun besides maybe one person that is with me, in case shit really did hit the fan and I get targeted first with no time to react maybe they can grab it and use it.

I'll admit I used to open carry but not that often cause people get uncomfortable and one time a waitress called me out for it so apparently the whole store had to know my business. Is it better than not carrying at all? Of course! But if you get your CCP (conceal carry permit) I personally only conceal wherever I go, no more open carry now.

• Like 1

I'm assuming concealed handgun license, I may be wrong

That makes sense as an abreviation for the license but the topic title, what do you carry for your CHL doesn't fit.......If that's the case, you would carry your license for your CHL correct?

I posted a while back and never really thought about CHL meaning firearm because I never heard that before. If someone were to say what do you carry for your CCW (concealed carry weapon) that would make more sense when talking about a firearm.

Looks like that is what Texas calls its carry permit. I do wish all the states would adopt one universal name. There's so many variations for the same damn thing such as CHL, CCW, CCP, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Technically they all aren't the same thing. Some states are for pistols only, Florida's is for weapons which includes more than pistols. Also some states limit the number and type you can carry, again Florida doesn't specify number or type. I do understand the point you were going for though.