What do you carry for your CCW?

The range in Manchester put night sights I bought on my Glock for me. This was several years ago now so I'm not sure if they might have moved their service work to the Hooksett store.

Picked up some tru glo night sights. Installed by a local shop for near nothing. Price gouging at gun shop in Hooksett and they wanted another $35 to put the sights on at Manchester location. Sheesh!

Sent from my iPhone

If you go to any of the Glock matches they send armorers to those matches and they'll perform any basic maintenance for free including parts if they've got them on hand. I'm pretty sure they'd install sights for you especially if they were their own.

• Like 1

Glock 26 9mm. Looking to get some Cerakote done to it in the Southern NH area to add some jazz. Also, would like to add night sites; can I get some suggestions to not break the bank?!

Sent from my iPhone

Check out Dawson Precision. You can order them online and put them on yourself. I've done a lot of them. If you don't know how, they have a few videos on YouTube to walk you through it. If you have a vice, hammer, small flat file, and a little loctite you have everything you need.

• Like 1

Depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. It's either going to be my Ruger LCP w/ CT LG-431 & 7 round mags., or my FDE M&P9c. I'm currently looking into a Kahr P9 or K9 to add to the mix.

IMG_0012_1.jpg

IMG_00052.jpg

Edited by Sinkhole
  • Like 1

Those of you that have shot/own the Glock 43, what are your thoughts on it? My girlfriends dad is LEO and he says he loves it and its the perfect "pocket gun". I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm 6'2 so naturally I've got pretty big hands. Can anyone comment on this?

Those of you that have shot/own the Glock 43, what are your thoughts on it? My girlfriends dad is LEO and he says he loves it and its the perfect "pocket gun". I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm 6'2 so naturally I've got pretty big hands. Can anyone comment on this?

I am 6'4" so I feel your pain. All of those little guns feel very small, but with a little practice you get used to it. I've shot both the G42 and G43. They are both good guns and shoot very well. However, like any other Glock, I would change the sights out. The factory sights suck. I shot the G43 and the XDS 9 one right after the other so I could get a good comparison between the two. I preferred the XDS a little over the G43. For some reason it felt better and I was more accurate with it. Of course your results may be different. My buddy I was shooting with preferred the G43. If you are getting the LEO discount, I would pick one up for sure.

STI

I wanna shoot a 43 cause I've never owned a glock, I have two Springfields, an XDM .40 cal and an XD Mod. 2 45acp. Both are great and the 45 is my carry gun but it is sorta heavy. Should have gotten the xds, but now that the 43 is out I may have to shoot one now. I'm 6'3" so I'm in the same boat as y'all

I do have a Pearce grip extension on my 45 which makes it much more comfortable to shoot, no pinky hanging off the bottom of the gun

e159c1168b0a3774f366c8d5563f5caa.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I currently have a Glock 23 that I've had for several years now. I conceal it, but its not the ideal piece for concealment. I recently started shooting a lot more and have been carrying almost daily. If it's not on my hip, it's in the truck. I've heard nothing but good things about the 43, just haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. He did say he can get me any Glock I want with his LEO discount so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm going to pickup a Glock 22 next time I see him, so I might also have to entertain the idea of the 43 as well.

I really do like the Springfields too. I was shooting my buddies XDS 9 and that felt great in my hands. Like I said, I have yet to shoot the 43, but if I didn't have the availability of a discount for the Glock, I'd probably go pick one of those up today. I have a tenancy of overdoing things when I get into new hobbies, so my collection might start growing here pretty quickly. No such thing as too many guns!

I hate Springfield's update to the XD. I would never buy anything with the words Grip Zone emblazoned on the side of it, unless it was a baseball bat.

This here is the Trigger Zone, and that's the Slide Zone, the mags go in the Magazine Zone, and the bullets go out the Bullet Zone.

In my opinion the G42 amd G43 are the best pocket pistols on the market. For thier size and weight they are actually a pleasure to shoot. Unlike other pocket pistols I have shot I do not experience any bite in my palm. For example my friend bought the S&W Bodygaurd pistol when it first came out. It shot fine but after a couple rounds I started to notice a pain in my palm under the thumb. I've shot over 50 rounds back to back with my G42 and never experienced any of these issues. The nice thing with the G43 is that it's a little larger than the G42 so it fits even better in your hand. Also the pinky extensions are must in my opinion. They make a night and day difference in the grip department. Also, cost on a G43 should be $399.99 with a retail price of $549.99.

I hate Springfield's update to the XD. I would never buy anything with the words Grip Zone emblazoned on the side of it, unless it was a baseball bat.

This here is the Trigger Zone, and that's the Slide Zone, the mags go in the Magazine Zone, and the bullets go out the Bullet Zone.

Ive been following the "1950" campaign and I agree with you. Adding the words grip zone make the gun look cheesy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Only time I look at my gun is when I clean it, getting ready to practice with it, or am pulling it out of my waistband to put up for the evening. Yeah it may sound kind of cheesy "Grip Zone" but it doesn't matter much to me since I'm not staring at it all day