What do you carry for your CCW?

Like I said, just curious. I have no beef with Glock, I'm carrying one now. My question was why OC a pistol so small that is seemingly made to conceal?

Not sure why he was offended with your question but OC is a bad idea no matter which pistol. All it does is advertise that you have a firearm. Some people do it for the "look at me" factor, just for attention. There is no reason for anybody to know you are carrying a firearm, ever.

• Like 3

It was FREE... What does it matter to you?

RT

Relax, this is a forum,we ask questions and give advise. No need to get snippy or feel offended.

Open carry is a bad idea no matter what the size of the pistol. It advertises you have a firearm and makes you a potential target. Many people do it for attention, because they think it makes them look cool, or to prove a political point. hopefully that's not your goal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what I'm wearing. Light clothing eg. Shorts I carry my LCP. If I am dressed light or normal I carry my LC9, and if wearing a jacket or heavy clothing I carry my SR40c.

I choose to regulate weapon to what I'm wearing because I don't support Open carry as it causes to much worry and unrest by individuals who see it and I don't see the point of making someone feel unsafe. I know if I see a open gun my first thought isn't a good one. So I choose to conceal because I'm the only person who needs to know that I'm armed.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Started with a M&P 9 fullsize, changed to Taurus PT709 and now devide my carry with the M&P 9 and Magnum Research 1911G. If I was to OC would probably be the Pietta 45 Colt while not an original 45 Colt revolver, it is still pretty to look at in the leather holster and belt full of 45 Colt cartridges, but feel more comfortable CC when not at home. No need for extra attention from thugs and Gun Control Nazi's, especially with some of these groups promoting calling the police anytime they see a gun. I obey the laws and feel no reason to waste a LEO's time for lawfully carrying. As for the thugs, I'm happy not to be seen by them as I spend a considerable amount of time with them at work already.

Edited by SgtShiv
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...