What do you carry for your CCW?

looks like Texas is going to be open carry on January 1st 2016, no more hiding small guns, time to break out the big ones, lol

Ironically enough, Maine always allowed open carry, but concealed carry was by permit only. Our state senate and house just passed constitutional carry for anyone 21 and over, but the governor refused to sign it until they amended it so that it allowed anyone who is 21y/o or is 18y/o and active duty in the military can constitutionally carry.......and they did amend it.

• Like 2

Ya, hopefully people are tasteful about it, not like cali, hints why they lost all OC

Cali's OC was a joke, all the activists at Starbucks and the like had to carry unloaded firearms I believe.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at picking up a Desert Eagle 1911U to carry concealed, anybody else got one?

thats seemd like a pretty big gun to be carring concealed, just my 2 cents. i like my little LC9, fits just about any where,

I'm looking at picking up a Desert Eagle 1911U to carry concealed, anybody else got one?

I don't know anything about the DE brand specifically but plenty of people carry 1911s. They're pretty narrow which helps with how they carry. The length, especially if you can carry IWB is practically a non-issue.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years, I've carried Smith M60s, Custom shortened (by me) 1911, Detonics Mk1 Combat Master, Fullsize 1911s, and lately the Sig P239.

I also have a Glock 40 cal double stack gun that a friend gave me as well. The plastic magazine is bulging from the spring pressure on the cartridges. A POS in my book.

The one that I was proud of was the custom shortened 1911 that I modified. It took me a good long while to figure out how to get enough recoil spring into that little thing. I ended up with a telescoping recoil rod with a spring inside a sleeve and then a spring on the outside of that. When the Detonics Combat Masters came along later, I bought one of those. The Detonics was almost the same size. That was my carry gun for a couple decades until it was stolen.

I tuned all of my guns, back in the day when I gunsmithed. The 1911s all got the usual ramp and throat, sometimes a Bar-Sto barrel or the factory barrels fitted with new links and bushings, trigger work, ejection port work, hand made or store bought slide extensions, etc. Wheel guns got slicked double actions.

I like the P239 for it's lightweight compared to the old steel framed guns. Probably not as light as a plastic framed gun.

• Like 1