Vents always blow on feet

That's the problem, you're wearing sandals!

The same happens in my truck, though it isn't quite noticeable as if I had the feet option enabled, but i can still feel the air down there :ughdance:

Ther'e something wrong with your system. Typically, when left in auto mode it'll blow heat mostly out of the defrost and feet vents, AC mostly comes out of the face vents.

• Like 2

Ther'e something wrong with your system. Typically, when left in auto mode it'll blow heat mostly out of the defrost and feet vents, AC mostly comes out of the face vents.

Mine works like this...and I had sandals on today...no cold air on feet in Auto...

mine blows only in the location that i have my system set on. now if it is off it still blows a small amount of fresh air in the cab. gm trucks have done this since at least 88.

Edited by smrr1
  • Like 1

I did some more investigating and it appears my blend door for floor/defrost is reversed. When I put it on floor only it blows out the defrost and when I put it on deforest only it blows our of the floor. Does anyone know where this actuator is?

I just went to the dealership and talked to them, my service guy has been great to me. He told me it would probably take two hours of labour to diagnose the issue and said its probably the actuator is off position or has broken gears. He was nice enough to show me the service manual and where the actuator is located. I'll be pulling it out tonight after work.

• Like 1

Make sure your HVAC module has the newest update. The newest update addressed some of the ways the HVAC module operates, I had mine done about a month ago.

One way to tell is while under remote state if your HVAC was off at key cycle and you can remote start and the system will turn back on and either go heat/AC then you have the newest update.

I just went to the dealership and talked to them, my service guy has been great to me. He told me it would probably take two hours of labour to diagnose the issue and said its probably the actuator is off position or has broken gears. He was nice enough to show me the service manual and where the actuator is located. I'll be pulling it out tonight after work.

why not just let them fix it? is it not under warranty still?

Make sure your HVAC module has the newest update. The newest update addressed some of the ways the HVAC module operates, I had mine done about a month ago.

One way to tell is while under remote state if your HVAC was off at key cycle and you can remote start and the system will turn back on and either go heat/AC then you have the newest update.

I turned my hvac off and then tried remote starting it and the hvac remained off. So I don't have the latest update?

Nope

With the new update based on the inside/outside temps the HVAC will turn on and either turn on the heat/AC at the appropriate vent position automatically. I don't know why the engineer did it the way they did, the update puts it back to the way all previous GM vehicles HVAC would work under remote start.