Upgrading to memory seats

I have a 2014 Sierra SLE with power seats. Does anyone know if I can just add the memory seat switch to the door handle surround? Is the wiring in the door for it? Are there any other parts I would need to get to do this? This is one of the options I really wish I would have gotten with my truck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Anyone work this out? Have any other ideas on how to add this option. After all my mods and customization, this is the one option that drives me crazy I didn't have when buyers ng my truck. Lookin for a point to see what could be figured out to get this in the right direction

Man, how many post on this topic today. This is the 4th post I have seen in this forum on this. I think it might have been answered on the 1st post of the topic.

Another member and I have been trying to do this. Non memory seat gm's with power seats do not have the pins on the body harness going to the BCM to make it work. Even if you add the correct body harness it will not work because the BCM will not accept it and no one is able to "reflash" it to work. I have tried! We got the correct harness's and switch including the DL3 door harness's & it did not work. Then tried to reflash the BCM and it did not work.

The only way to do it is to find a truck that has memory power seats and take all the wiring, DL3 door harness's, DL3 mirrors or power tow mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror, the head unit/controller and the BCM from that truck and try to convert your truck. Even then it may not work. I am sure you can customize something but it will not be plug and play. When it comes down to it - it would be way easier and cost effective to get the truck with all of those options on it.

Well. Diff threads have diff people so wanted to hit all of them and see if the diff people subd might have diff opinions. I'm told so far it can't be done. Costly maybe but I'm sure anything can be done. So I'm stating anyone new in the field found a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another member and I have been trying to do this. Non memory seat gm's with power seats do not have the pins on the body harness going to the BCM to make it work. Even if you add the correct body harness it will not work because the BCM will not accept it and no one is able to "reflash" it to work. I have tried! We got the correct harness's and switch including the DL3 door harness's & it did not work. Then tried to reflash the BCM and it did not work.

The only way to do it is to find a truck that has memory power seats and take all the wiring, DL3 door harness's, DL3 mirrors or power tow mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror, the head unit/controller and the BCM from that truck and try to convert your truck. Even then it may not work. I am sure you can customize something but it will not be plug and play. When it comes down to it - it would be way easier and cost effective to get the truck with all of those options on it.

Yeah I wish I would have but got a 15 at the end of 15 and it had everything I wanted without all the main yuppy parts. But the memory is I guess a yuppy item and thought I could deal without it but when my wife drives she moves everything. Not one switch not touched. It would probably help a lot of grief I cause when she does it if I find something to alleviate the issue. Lol

So with all these people flashing for tuners? And upgrading other systems like video unlocks that there is no way to change or make it think you haven't changed any components

Nope, tunes affect the ECM and TCM. The option you all want is controlled by the BCM and there are no 3rd party companies that make software for that process. Plus as I posted on another thread. If you flash the BCM to make it work, it wont be official on the OEM calibration file that GM has so when the next update comes out for your truck and you take it into the dealer and they update the BCM it will overwrite the custom flash you had done to the BCM.

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2016 at 4:36 PM, A.J. Curtis said:

Have you had any luck on hooking up the seats? I bought 2017 sierra slt seats for my 2014 sle truck and im trying to make this work as well

20180312_190904.jpg

4 hours ago, A.J. Curtis said:

I did not figure it out but the GM wiring master forum member Pgamboa has done it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what he told me. Phil and Darth Vader are the mens to go to. Luckily I found a guy locally who has made it work as well. He did this old Tahoe with power seats

Screenshot_20180313-094503.png

Archived