adding DEZ power fold mirrors and A45 memory seats to a 2019-2020 Silverado RST

On 8/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

I bought power fold mirrors a few months ago when I added 360 camera to the truck so I thought I would try adding power fold/memory and cooled seats.  Cooled seats do not work yet that will need BCM programming.  

I'm curious how you added the 360 cameras...  did you already have the trailering camera package with provisions?

1 hour ago, Rally6.2RST said:

power seats are plug and play both sides even with memory for my truck.  heat still worked.  cooled did not.  I did not get BCM programming for cooled yet bc I was waiting to see if WAMS is going to figure out rear seat heating too.

Thanks, I bought the seats specifically for the cooling function so if they unlock any other functions that's a bonus for me. I got in touch with WAMS also about the seats and they said it was possible to enable the seat cooler functions and make them switchable from the infotainment screen but that they had not mapped the T1 trucks for that yet. With that in mind I might just try and discretely run a new line and switch just for the coolers. With how well the memory and powerfold mirrors worked for you I'm gonna try and see if I can't do the same. Thanks for the information

On 11/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, Will Holbrook said:

Thanks, I bought the seats specifically for the cooling function so if they unlock any other functions that's a bonus for me. I got in touch with WAMS also about the seats and they said it was possible to enable the seat cooler functions and make them switchable from the infotainment screen but that they had not mapped the T1 trucks for that yet. With that in mind I might just try and discretely run a new line and switch just for the coolers. With how well the memory and powerfold mirrors worked for you I'm gonna try and see if I can't do the same. Thanks for the information

I thought about running a line to run coolers separate but i think each blower motor might have a can bus logic board.  I dont think it is simple power ground.  Let me know what you find out though I havent gotten the chance to investigate this.  What do you mean WAMS said not mapped for T1? they are now advertising BCM programming for T1 for heated/cooled seats. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

I thought about running a line to run coolers separate but i think each blower motor might have a can bus logic board.  I dont think it is simple power ground.  Let me know what you find out though I havent gotten the chance to investigate this.  What do you mean WAMS said not mapped for T1? they are now advertising BCM programming for T1 for heated/cooled seats. Thank you.

I contacted WAMS about enabling the seat cooler function and they said this. 

“Should be possible however we have not mapped this for the T1's yet.

White Automotive & Media Services”  

I know they advertise it on their website but when I contacted them about enabling the seat coolers the person that responded said that. I’ll do some more looking and tinkering to see if the coolers can be run that way. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not that simple. I’ll let you know if I find anything more out.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

So I looked at myalldata.com for a wiring diagram specific to my vehicle and you are correct there is a logic function internal to both seat cooler motors that drives the speed control to both seats. The power comes from the passenger side fuse block straight to both coolers and the logic board is sent a signal (I assume a mili-amp control signal) from the switch in the dash to energize the motors.... So you are right it seems there is no way to "hotwire" the seats. however, what that wiring diagram also showed me is that apart from the switch in the dash and the empty fuse spot all the wiring is there to make the seats work. They just need to be hotted up from the fuse block and get the signal from the dash switch. I ordered a heater control panel that includes our missing ventilated seat button and I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope that with the fuse in place and the heater/ac cluster with the proper button pugged in the seats come to life like all the other functions have so far. the heat/ac cluster with the button were between 100-150$ so a drop in the bucket at this point haha. worth a shot. I will keep you posted and keep your fingers crossed. 

5 hours ago, Will Holbrook said:

So I looked at myalldata.com for a wiring diagram specific to my vehicle and you are correct there is a logic function internal to both seat cooler motors that drives the speed control to both seats. The power comes from the passenger side fuse block straight to both coolers and the logic board is sent a signal (I assume a mili-amp control signal) from the switch in the dash to energize the motors.... So you are right it seems there is no way to "hotwire" the seats. however, what that wiring diagram also showed me is that apart from the switch in the dash and the empty fuse spot all the wiring is there to make the seats work. They just need to be hotted up from the fuse block and get the signal from the dash switch. I ordered a heater control panel that includes our missing ventilated seat button and I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope that with the fuse in place and the heater/ac cluster with the proper button pugged in the seats come to life like all the other functions have so far. the heat/ac cluster with the button were between 100-150$ so a drop in the bucket at this point haha. worth a shot. I will keep you posted and keep your fingers crossed. 

yeah i bought that switch too and it did not work.  I bet we could bypass logic board on fan motors.  I havent torn a motor apart yet to see how easy that would be.

5 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

yeah i bought that switch too and it did not work.  I bet we could bypass logic board on fan motors.  I havent torn a motor apart yet to see how easy that would be.

I had one of the seats taken apart to get to the motors. It wasn’t to bad just had to get a little rougher with them than I’d like a few time to get fasteners to let go. I hate to hear that the switch wasn’t the final answer. In looking at the circuit diagram I think you were right in saying bcm flash is the only good way to get power to the mother and have fan speed control. 

On 11/17/2020 at 6:33 AM, Ben98gs said:

Where did you guys find the seats?  Seems that I cannot find anyone local dismantling a truck to try and grab the needed parts.

Car-Part.com

you can find a lot of stuff from salvage yards all over. 

Edited by Will Holbrook

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

I got power fold mirrors and memory seats working today.   

I have a loaded RST Silverado but power fold/memory was not an option on RST.   My body harness had all the wires and pin layout for this to work.  I did not have to rewire anything.  I only had to replace harnessess/switches and maybe window regulator.  I also did not need to program the memory module.  I bought power fold mirrors a few months ago when I added 360 camera to the truck so I thought I would try adding power fold/memory and cooled seats.  Cooled seats do not work yet that will need BCM programming.  

At first I had everything connected and it didn't work.  This was depressing, then I put down driver window and everything started working.

Key fobs folds mirrors in and out.  Driver switch works folding/adjusting mirrors/windows (minus passenger).  Mirrors point down in reverse (when I turn that option on).  I can use fob to put windows down(when I turn option on).  Passenger window is not working correctly, only works from passenger side.  All memory functions work.  Seats vibrate with cross traffic alert(when I turn option on).  All the options to show up in my radio.  Passenger power seat works.  The only thing I don't think works is there are no pop up messages on my speedometer like if I am driver 1 or 2 with memory seats.  I also don't know if puddle lights work yet.  I will find out when it gets dark.  Puddle lights do not work.

I found most parts on ebay/ junk yard and lookupgmparts.com

Buy list

- Pair of power seats with driver memory seat

- L Power fold mirror 

- L Switch Harness 84449518

- L Switch 84512862

- L Door Harness 84622367

- L Door Bezel w/ memory 84522626 (got on ebay, might have to buy a whole door card dont think they sell just bezel)

- memory switch

- R Power fold mirror

- R Switch Harness 84449516

- R Switch 84559726

- R Door Harness  84622368

- R Window Regulator 84652636 (?? not working right)

Sorry to reach all the way back to the OP.

Am I reading this right?  You added 360 cameras?  Did you essentially add surround view?

3 hours ago, NeToChevyGuy said:

Sorry to reach all the way back to the OP.

Am I reading this right?  You added 360 cameras?  Did you essentially add surround view?

Yes, I added surround view first and then I added memory seat to control power fold mirrors.  Here is info on 360 view.