IT FITS!!

Well I just got home with the new Denali and I knew getting the crew cab with the standard bed would be only 9.5 inches longer, but looking at the truck it's hard to believe it actually does fit my pathetically undersized garage.
I knew I would have about 2 inches to spare but now I have confirmation!
Front
dc11748fe6bba61bb9c8003083e2314b.jpg
Rear
252518b3eb5d1ecbd16255839726b103.jpg
And for those who wonder how I get it so close without hitting the wall?
Simple solution
adcf0ce73cd27c4049572db0b16e5918.jpg

I also have a laser parking assistant
I have them for all 3 cars. Insures we get it exactly right every time!
b844eff7eeb26a4ab259e4043f58308d.jpg

you'll notice in the mirror i have a rope light hooked to the garage door opener light at the base of the wall so i can see the the wall under the bumper as i pull in as i look down the wall from the mirror at the ceiling.

i get it within 1/2 an inch every time.

ill be installing a 4x4 and some stand offs at the wall so i can actually hit something with the front tires to guarantee i never hit the wall.

ill get to that later this has served me well of the past 1.5 years but my last truck was shorter so i did not need the exactly ness of the parking until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for rubbing it in. :M16:

We just had some light hail roll through about 10 minutes ago. :tear:

All 3 of my trucks sit outside and I'm praying I don't have any damage. :angel:

I only hope yours doesn't fit because the garage is too small and not because it's full potential of junk!

Being in the insurance business, I never could get my mind around that concept, 500 bucks worth of crap in the garage and 50k of vehicles outside in the elements.

I added a shed in back when I ran out of garage space so all 3 cars have a space in the garage

I only hope yours doesn't fit because the garage is too small and not because it's full potential of junk!

Being in the insurance business, I never could get my mind around that concept, 500 bucks of crap in the garage and 50 of vehicles outside in the elements.

I added a shed in back when I ran out of garage space so all 3 cars have a space in the garage

Mine are too long. :(

Also, the first line of my post was meant in jest. Just so there's no confusion. :cheers:

Well it's like I told my wife, I was very glad it wasn't too long, there are things I don't mind being long, but my truck isn't one of them! She smiled and agreed!

I used a 2x4 on the floor when I feel the tires hit it I know that I have less than 2 inches to the wall. Although the corvette wins the garage space and the truck is in the elements. I think it may be time for the expansion of the garage

I used a 2x4 on the floor when I feel the tires hit it I know that I have less than 2 inches to the wall. Although the corvette wins the garage space and the truck is in the elements. I think it may be time for the expansion of the garage

Which is ironic, when I had my vette I was far less worried about it getting damaged in the hail due to the fact they to a good degree hail resistant verses a steel body vehicle.

But like you that would still be hard to watch! Lol

Also one of the reasons I got rid of mine. Just got tired of worrying about it all the time. I put 55k miles behind the wheel of a 2008 and 2012 Zo6 vette the fun and excitement wore off for me and I decided to get something a little attention getting and a little more practical. Driving a Cadillac CTS V sport now

Which is ironic, when I had my vette I was far less worried about it getting damaged in the hail due to the fact they to a good degree hail resistant verses a steel body vehicle.

Also one of the reasons I got rid of mine. Just got tired of worrying about it all the time. I put 55k miles behind the wheel of a 2008 and 2012 Zo6 vette the fun and excitement wore off for me and I decided to get something a little attention getting and a little more practical. Driving a Cadillac CTS V sport now

Well although vettes are fiberglass mine is quite a bit older so saving the body as much as I can always helps

IMG-20120811-00163.jpg

20140821_190858_zpscxumoczm.jpg

20150221_133531_zpsmcd6kni6.jpg

I thought it hailed just about everywhere?

Well, technically yes, it does. But here in South Florida I've really never had the slightest issue with it. It's just too uncommon. And even when it does happen, it's small enough to the point where it won't cause damage.

I do wish I had a bigger garage, though. I can see my paint suffering from sitting in the sun for years.

I got a 30X40, mine fits just fine with lots of room every where,,

by the looks of your truck, you must also have a fairly tall garage as well. i don't think yours would fit in my garage. i think the door height is 8 feet

by the looks of your truck, you must also have a fairly tall garage as well. i don't think yours would fit in my garage. i think the door height is 8 feet

1 door is 10X10, the other is like 15X10,, I even park my 16' low boy trailer in side both Polaris RZR on it

Archived