anyone with a 2014 get an Email from OnStar?

hey guys long story short i recieved an email today from onstar offering me free 4g wifi upgrade. basically the only thing different from 14 to 15 imo, it said just to call and make an apointment with my prefered dealer, so i think i will go through with it. anyione else get this offer?

cool I guess. last one I got was just reminding me I could start the car with the app, that was over the weekend.

nice upgrade, I suppose it might be good for resale a little. Onstar charges so much for data I can't see using it over phone tethering though. Plus, my freakin' dealership seems to break something else everytime I take it in. (small stuff, like breaking or missing a small piece of trim I find later then have to have them order it after they've done some other work.) So I wonder if they have to take apart the dash to put this in.

Isn't this a Canada only thing at this point due to the cell change there with 2G going away? Not sure this upgrade is available in the states yet.

hey guys long story short i recieved an email today from onstar offering me free 4g wifi upgrade. basically the only thing different from 14 to 15 imo, it said just to call and make an apointment with my prefered dealer, so i think i will go through with it. anyione else get this offer?

Are you currently an OnStar subscriber?

I was under the impression the USA was going to have to change as well.

I think it should apply to the USA as well. It's an absolute travesty that 4g wasn't standard at least 5 years ago. Along with these trucks not having at least 1080p video screens. In a world where technology dominates, GM is a complete joke.

I was under the impression the USA was going to have to change as well.

After extensive web searching, I found one article from Jan. 2014 that says in the U.S., "Set to roll out this summer in 2015 versions of Chevrolet's Corvette, Impala, Malibu and Volt before being extended to other GM products later in the year"

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-upgrades-onstar-to-4g-lte.html

All other articles refer to Canada only...nothing recent on this...the U.S. Will need to do something eventually as well, but nothing concrete yet as to when. If it was real for the U.S. now, I would assume we could find more articles about it.

I was told you would need to fill out forms etc. Do you think I can just go and get an appointment without the email? I have not gotten one yet. those guys....

Its a canadian thing bc the 2014s are on 2g which will no longer be available. To keep their subscribers, they have to update the hardware in our vehicles. I just got my letter in the mail explaining all of this.

Contact onstar to setup an appointment with your dealer to receive the free hardware upgrade, install, and complimentary 3 months or 3gigs of data, whichever comes first. I'll only do this if i get my colour matched shark fin antenna lol

I was told you would need to fill out forms etc. Do you think I can just go and get an appointment without the email? I have not gotten one yet. those guys....

You will have to wait until you get the email, the part is shipped directly to the dealer they don't order it themselves. There would also be a huge rush on parts and service appointments if they were not doing the staggered deployment.

Filled out the form on the Onstar website (link in the targeted email) and the module was at the dealer basically the next business day and they called to make an appointment. Had mine replaced yesterday. No active sub, just the Remote Link app. As they offered 5 years of the app with vehicle purchase they have to replace the module even if you don't subscribe to any other OnStar services.

You will have to wait until you get the email, the part is shipped directly to the dealer they don't order it themselves. There would also be a huge rush on parts and service appointments if they were not doing the staggered deployment.

Filled out the form on the Onstar website (link in the targeted email) and the module was at the dealer basically the next business day and they called to make an appointment. Had mine replaced yesterday. No active sub, just the Remote Link app. As they offered 5 years of the app with vehicle purchase they have to replace the module even if you don't subscribe to any other OnStar services.

Is your remote link faster!!? It also comes with built in wifi now right? Do you know if I can share my 6GB bell plan to it??

Is your remote link faster!!? It also comes with built in wifi now right? Do you know if I can share my 6GB bell plan to it??

The USA OnStar website specifically states you can add the truck to your plan if you have AT&T in the part where it discusses plan costs. On the Canadia website eh in the exact same location it doesn't say anything like that, so they are not advertising it but could still call your provider and ask.

Its a canadian thing bc the 2014s are on 2g which will no longer be available. To keep their subscribers, they have to update the hardware in our vehicles. I just got my letter in the mail explaining all of this.

Contact onstar to setup an appointment with your dealer to receive the free hardware upgrade, install, and complimentary 3 months or 3gigs of data, whichever comes first. I'll only do this if i get my colour matched shark fin antenna lol

can you get color matched fins? that would be awesome

Archived