Dirty Marcus' Dirty Summit

DirtyMarcus

Well, Ive had my truck since the beginning of January and have done a handful of small things to it. The first thing I did plasti dip the bumpers and grille white and black.

IMG_20150102_132117_zpszaiqjvnb.jpg

20150103_171043_zps0zqgfgbd.jpg

Next I removed removed the factory running boards, plastic bed liner and chrome trim. Then got a spray in liner. Then I removed the rear blocks and add drop shackles to drop the rear 3". After that I decided to buy some Mcgaughys drop spindles (did a DIY post on this) and lowered the front 2". I dont have any before/after pics of the drop (you can see the drop on some later pics). I also installed an Airaid jr. kit to free up the response of the throttle a little. Finally I replace the factory tail lights with some Winjet led lights and replaced the license plate lights with some Autozone LEDs that are pretty so so lol. Add to that my Thule Xsporter rack, that I use to haul my kayaks.

20150329_204013_zpssxqxy4bf.jpg

Now the reason I hadn't done a build thread was because nothing I did was really that amazing. Well after playing about with Plasti Dip for some time I decided to take is a step further. I pulled all the old dip off my truck, completely tore apart the truck; Lights, bumpers, plastic trim, removed the emblems, window trim, and masked it off. I had ordered a DYC hvlp gun a few weeks back with the intention of dipping my wifes car in the future. Well, I couldnt wait and ordered 6 gallons of matte clear, bought a few cans of red, black, neon green, and went to town. I didnt take any "during" pics but believe me it was no small task. It took me three days and around 36 hours total from prep to completion. What I ended up with was Zombie Truck, I hope you enjoy it. If not oh well, you wont be driving it. Ive had a lot of positive response from it and some negative (which is always expected).

So to answer the most asked negative question which is , Why? I'll say this. Because I can, because its fun, because Im an adult but that doesnt mean I have to be boring and serious all the time, and finally because its my damn truck and I can do what I want to it. If you have any negative comment you feel you must post, please do so but know where you can stick those comments too. Everyone else, I really fun you find it fun and unique.

The green is in there because, if you know your zombies, they sometimes have crazy green blood. Why, I dont know. Probably because they arent real lol. I may add come bio hazard decals somewhere later and Im thinking of writing "infection zombie blood; do not touch" on the lower tailgate. Still undecided. Im probably going to dip the wheel black in the next week or two also. Who knows, its a work in progress.

20150725_154712_zpsd4acmz9s.jpg

20150725_154723_zpsyiq3ieqw.jpg

20150725_154734_zpsazzlywxj.jpg

20150725_154748_zps2rdq3ysy.jpg

20150725_154753_zps7hfuwycw.jpg

Holy hell, well the first post certainly started somewhere and the finished somewhere totally different. at first I thought this was gonna be just another "I colormatched everything just like everyone else did" thread, but damn was I wrong. I can honestly say I didn't think I'd see anyone on this forum do something this ballsy but man, it paid off for sure man. I think that the truck looks great and agree, negative feedback will be heard but why worry? They aren't paying for the truck.

Ps, I like the Zombieland reference with the "3" on the door. I hope you are also carrying the proper knife, shotgun, and drinks [emoji6]

Holy hell, well the first post certainly started somewhere and the finished somewhere totally different. at first I thought this was gonna be just another "I colormatched everything just like everyone else did" thread, but damn was I wrong. I can honestly say I didn't think I'd see anyone on this forum do something this ballsy but man, it paid off for sure man. I think that the truck looks great and agree, negative feedback will be heard but why worry? They aren't paying for the truck.

Ps, I like the Zombieland reference with the "3" on the door. I hope you are also carrying the proper knife, shotgun, and drinks [emoji6]

I didnt make a build thread initially because of those very "same ole same ole" reasons. Glad you like it and got the Zombieland reference. The best part about it was I really couldnt mess it up. Once the base clear was laid down I just dump more plasti dip on the truck and rubbed it around haha.

pretty cool actually. Hopefully it doesnt draw la enforcement atention :lol:

mmmm twinkies

I actually have brought that up a few times. Im a little nervous to even have a single beer at a restaurant now lol. Hopefully Im never in an area where something major goes down and I get pulled over guns drawn lol.

I throughly enjoy seeing your truck. I wouldn't have ever imagined someone doing this to a truck though. I will say though the after pics are awesome. You had a genuinely original idea and can proudly drive a masterpiece.

Or an arm in between the tailgate

Ryan

My wife has some zombie arms that stake into the ground. We use them for halloween so I may do that. If I can find a way to rig it like the arm got pulled off trying to grab my rear bumper I think that would be funny. I just dont want it to fly off and cause a wreck behind me.

I throughly enjoy seeing your truck. I wouldn't have ever imagined someone doing this to a truck though. I will say though the after pics are awesome. You had a genuinely original idea and can proudly drive a masterpiece.

thanks!

I was once asked "If you like street trucks so much, why did you get a 4x4 Z71 Denali package?", and my response is always has been "It's better to have and not need than to need and not have...... Especially when the zombies start coming over the rise!"

You my friend have taken it to another level!

WOW! Definitely not something I would ever do, but that is incredible! You should be an artist haha.

Really cool dude. Have never seen anything like this before.

Thanks, I actually dipped the rims black yesterday. I think it takes away the "clean" looking rims and gives it a better look. I also redid some of the writing and threw some more blood on in a few spots. I'll update some better pics later on.

20150730_171534_zpscyfjkvta.jpg

Looks much better with the black rims[emoji106] now for some hanging body parts!

Maybe even look into getting a window decal that says one of the "rules" on the back [emoji57]

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt make a build thread initially because of those very "same ole same ole" reasons. Glad you like it and got the Zombieland reference. The best part about it was I really couldnt mess it up. Once the base clear was laid down I just dump more plasti dip on the truck and rubbed it around haha.

I actually have brought that up a few times. Im a little nervous to even have a single beer at a restaurant now lol. Hopefully Im never in an area where something major goes down and I get pulled over guns drawn lol.

Have you ever thought about driving through Ferguson, Missouri? I think that would be a fantastic YouTube video.

Archived