Truck got a new Stablemate

My Grandfather purchased this 1967 C20 brand new. He had a camper put on it and I have a lifetime of memories in this truck. My father got it from my Grandfather in 1977 and now I have received it from him. Awesome truck, I am excited for my kids to get to know the truck as well as I do. One day I will pass it along to them.

post-131893-0-28415700-1437877585_thumb.jpgpost-131893-0-86760900-1437877622_thumb.jpgpost-131893-0-90150500-1437877646_thumb.jpg

post-131893-0-28415700-1437877585_thumb.jpg

post-131893-0-86760900-1437877622_thumb.jpg

post-131893-0-90150500-1437877646_thumb.jpg

My Grandfather purchased this 1967 C20 brand new. He had a camper put on it and I have a lifetime of memories in this truck. My father got it from my Grandfather in 1977 and now I have received it from him. Awesome truck, I am excited for my kids to get to know the truck as well as I do so I can pass it along to them one day.

attachicon.gifIMG_0962.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0964.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0993.JPG

Oh my gosh lucky guy! Keep it forever that's sweet!

Thanks

Corrisa

Fb Corrisa Schurek

IG corrisapink

Nice! What are the specs? Engine, Transmission?

Came with a 327 that motor wore out 25 years ago and my Father repowered it with a 350. Eaton rear end with 4:10 gears Automatic 3 speed transmission. The old 350 is still in the truck but it is long over due for another new motor. I actually know where the original 327 that came out of the truck is. I am working on getting that motor back, rebuilding it and putting it back in the truck. If I can't get that motor back I might put a little muscle in it with a hotter crate motor. Nothing to radical, just enough to have some fun.

Putting the original 327 back in would be cool and help its value. You could always put on some performance heads and cam in the 327 to give it some punch!

Forget the 327, update it to an LS based power plant and bring it up to this century, keep the rest factory. I am actually looking for a 70ish short wide to put an LS3 in I practically stole for $600 off craigslist.

Beautiful truck by the way and great story. I can image that keeping it all factory would mean more to most but I'm sure grandpa wouldnt mind giving it a boob job. :)

Forget the 327, update it to an LS based power plant and bring it up to this century, keep the rest factory. I am actually looking for a 70ish short wide to put an LS3 in I practically stole for $600 off craigslist.

Beautiful truck by the way and great story. I can image that keeping it all factory would mean more to most but I'm sure grandpa wouldnt mind giving it a boob job. :)

And put some brakes on it. Front drums are garbage lol. I would get the original engine if I could find it to just say I have it but in no way would want it back in the truck if I planned on driving it. Modern power makes things so much more enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the compliments. I am not at all hell bent on keeping the powertrain original or stock. Funny enough getting the original 327 back rebuilding it and keeping it on an engine stand while running a hotter engine, is something I was already considering. My goal is to keep the appearance stock and update as much of the drivetrain, suspension, and brakes as I can. I am going to keep every part and piece I change or take off so I can always put everything back to original stock if I ever want to.

That sounds like an awesome plan! I kind of want to do the same to a truck if my buddy that owns it ever sells it to me. His wife wants it gone and he basically has never driven it since he bought it 2 years ago or so... and I will pay him more than he paid for it.... it'd worth it. It's not an original truck but it was built all stock. ... a 69 Sierra Grande short wide with a 396, a/c and most other goodies. And yes... for the enthusiasts like myself that two tone scheme did not debut until 1970 lol. MN0611-111373_1_zpsp7awggpx.jpg

That sounds like an awesome plan! I kind of want to do the same to a truck if my buddy that owns it ever sells it to me. His wife wants it gone and he basically has never driven it since he bought it 2 years ago or so... and I will pay him more than he paid for it.... it'd worth it. It's not an original truck but it was built all stock. ... a 69 Sierra Grande short wide with a 396, a/c and most other goodies. And yes... for the enthusiasts like myself that two tone scheme did not debut until 1970 lol. MN0611-111373_1_zpsp7awggpx.jpg

That is a killer truck! 1/2 ton short wheel base 396 and GMC! That is going to cost a pretty penny! Sounds like you are lined up for a sweet truck when he lets it go! The bug has bitten me pretty hard with this truck. I can pretty much guarantee I will be picking up a second one just to turn into a hot rod and have fun with. That one will be a short wheel base 1/2 ton hopefully another 1967.

That is a killer truck! 1/2 ton short wheel base 396 and GMC! That is going to cost a pretty penny! Sounds like you are lined up for a sweet truck when he lets it go! The bug has bitten me pretty hard with this truck. I can pretty much guarantee I will be picking up a second one just to turn into a hot rod and have fun with. That one will be a short wheel base 1/2 ton hopefully another 1967.

Price won't be bad. I can't build it for what I would pay for it. It's a clean southern US truck that was imported up here a few years ago. I have been under it with a fine tooth comb lol. The 396 in it needs to go... it's nothing special. I would normally say do an LS but I have a heavily modded 396 I built for a 69 Chevrolet truck I sold years ago just waiting to be finished ( long story of engine shop horror... hence why I befriended an engine shop owner and just do my own now) and drop that in it. I would like to lower it, do discs all around, put a 4L80E behind the big block etc. Oh... and put the vintage air kit it came with in and get it working lol.

I have way too many projects but it won't be any worse than what he does with it. It sits on those roller things you put under the tires pushed up against a wall with a car cover on it. Hasn't moved from there in over a year.

The 67 is a nice front end and the fact you have all the stock stuff for it if you can grab the engine is cool.. especially since it was a family truck. A friend of mine years ago had one like your 67. It was a 68 long horn with a 396 in it. It was his grandpa's trailer puller and he would take it down to Phoenix every year with his holiday trailer until he died in the early 2000s. It was so clean... but of course I couldn't afford it then and it's gone. Never the less you have an awesome truck!

The 67 is a nice front end and the fact you have all the stock stuff for it if you can grab the engine is cool.. especially since it was a family truck. A friend of mine years ago had one like your 67. It was a 68 long horn with a 396 in it. It was his grandpa's trailer puller and he would take it down to Phoenix every year with his holiday trailer until he died in the early 2000s. It was so clean... but of course I couldn't afford it then and it's gone. Never the less you have an awesome truck!

Thank you. It is about as loaded out as you could get it back then. It is a CST Custom Camper with factory air, bucket buddies and everything works perfect. If it were just a truck I picked up and did not have the family history and memories tied to it, I would go nuts with it. Hence the need for me to pick up a second one.

Archived