How many trucks DONT vibrate?

I'm about to trade my double cab for a crew for more room and just to get out of my vibrating truck. The dealership is giving me the run around and I'm just not in the mood to fight. I'm getting one heck of a deal with a special going on right now with 13k off SLT trucks but I'm afraid the new one will do it too. Test drove 4 trucks total and 3 vibrated at the 72mph mark while the other was butter smooth.

How many don't? Just post yes or no.

Thanks

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine vibrated at 68 to 74 mph when I first got it a year ago but a rebalance of the tires got rid of 95% of it. I am pretty sure crappy tires are the culprit for most of the high speed vibrations. As I posted in the vibration thread, I've talked to about 25 silverado/sierra owners in the past year about their trucks with vibration problems being the first question and not a one of them had a complaint about it.

I had shake at 68-74 mph. Rebalanced tires got rid of the shake. After a tire rotation I get a very slight vibration in the steering wheel at the same speeds.

Obviously a tire or wheel problem. I get flashbacks to the big Firestone/Ford tire recall from the 1990s, except these tires are not failing.

Archived