DIC Speed Limit Info page

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets speed limit info from the gps database -- but sometimes is wrong, or is off on the speed change location.

It's just a method to determine speed limit when you haven't seen a sign recently..

Seems like I am all the time wondering what the speed limit is and not seeing a sign....In my Camaro it shows a little speed limit sign on the Nav screen.....glad the truck will show me too !

I guess that's new for 2016? Putting the speed limit on the current speed page? That's handy.

Hmm I not sure if I have ever seen that on mine, maybe it is since he has a Denali?? I will have to check that out!!

Will the upgrade that MVI does here give you that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I read on here that you will have to have the cluster reprogrammed to show that.

I guess that's new for 2016? Putting the speed limit on the current speed page? That's handy.

It's a separate page on my Silvy. Can't view current and limit at same time.

Wish you could add a speed limit for a road it doesn't know already. For instance there's been many times I'll be on some back road that's the speed limit sign on my DIC will show nothing. Like perhaps send into a certain email for GM to put in the next update.

That's why I love my inlaws escalade. It has the Heads Up Display, which I love and upset that even the latest model trucks don't have. You can have the speed limit sign and the current speed display on the glass in front of you, or have the speed sign on DIC and speed on glass seperately. You can configure however you like.

I wish someone would explore putting a HUD(Heads up display) in the Silverado. The actual system the shines the image up on the glass can be had for around $300-$400 on eBay last I checked. I know a Camero forum and corvette forum have both done it. From my reading some say the wiring is almost plug and play. The only issue is getting the whole in the dash:/

Mine is a 15 and has it..

Mine Denali is also a 2015 and it doesn't show the speed limit on that screen - August 2015 build. Did you get an upgrade? When was your truck built?

That's why I love my inlaws escalade. It has the Heads Up Display, which I love and upset that even the latest model trucks don't have. You can have the speed limit sign and the current speed display on the glass in front of you, or have the speed sign on DIC and speed on glass seperately. You can configure however you like.

I wish someone would explore putting a HUD(Heads up display) in the Silverado. The actual system the shines the image up on the glass can be had for around $300-$400 on eBay last I checked. I know a Camero forum and corvette forum have both done it. From my reading some say the wiring is almost plug and play. The only issue is getting the whole in the dash:/

My 2002 Bonneville had a HUD with speed and other indications. I've been saying for years that more GM vehicles need the HUD. It's an awesom feature.

Mine Denali is also a 2015 and it doesn't show the speed limit on that screen - August 2015 build. Did you get an upgrade? When was your truck built?

My 2002 Bonneville had a HUD with speed and other indications. I've been saying for years that more GM vehicles need the HUD. It's an awesom feature.

In order to show the little speed limit sign on your current speed page, you have to have the speed limit page enabled (you enable it from the side menus.)

I will say that it is right most of the time, but sometimes can be off, most I have seen it off by is 5mph.

Archived